• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Just to throw in my opinion on this. Anyone who thinks next year is a make or break year for Forbes is absolutely on crazy pills. We're not where any of us want us to be. But, the depths that we are slowly climbing out of, can't be overstated. We're on a very solid trajectory for this rebuild. There are no signs of the lethargic and lackadaisical coaching and playing that plagued the last two coaches. This guy can coach and knows how to win. It's coming
I agree with you, but you've seen the folks here already getting restless, and we're 2 years removed from a 6-16 record. Not to mention he was the ACC COY last year haha.

I agree with you, but you've seen the folks here already getting restless, and we're 2 years removed from a 6-16 record. Not to mention he was the ACC COY last year haha.
Restless doesn't mean wanting Forbes on the hot seat.

If Monsanto keeps it up, he's going to get legit NBA interest. Still need to keep him though.

I think it's because his ceiling seems really fuckin high.

manning got 6 (lol), [Redacted] got 4

forbes gets at least 5 lol

(and he'll almost certainly be around here for longer imo)

I agree. But year four of NIT or worse and certainly year five of NIT or worse would definitely be a decision point. Where I want us to be is either solidly in or at least on the bubble every year. A team that plays well enough to be considered dangerous by any opponent. I'd like to go to another Wake Forest Sweet 16 game.

Random story - At the Wake / St Josephs Sweet 16 game we sat right behind Spike Lee. After the Pitt / Oklahoma State game was over (Pitt lost) Dan Marino got up out of his amazing seats and headed for the exit. We ran down to ask if we could take his seats and noticed he was literally crying over the Pitt loss. But he kindly gave us his ticket stubs and we pulled up in the 2nd row right behind Spike (who let us take a pic with him). Just a few minutes later Lebron and Bill Cosby both came over to say hi to Spike. Danny Ainge was a few rows behind us sitting with John Thompson and John Starks (random trio I know). I went up to Danny and explained I was a big C's fan and asked if he was there to see CP3. He was a jerk and kind of ignored me altogether. I had sour grapes and told him "Raef Lafrentz sucks" (in reference to the wildly unpopular trade he had made recently where the C's sent Antoine Walker and Tony Delk to the Mavs in exchange for Raef Lafrentz and Jiri Welcsh). That got a laugh from Starks and Thompson. St Joes got the last laugh on Wake though and we left super bummed.

My buddy from Wake lost his cell phone just a few weeks later and we don't have any of the pics from the night / game.
Hilarious. Thanks for sharing.

Manning received years 4-6 on the back of the First 4 appearance in year 3.

If Forbes doesn't get to the NCAAs this year or next, I am out. That will make no one iota of difference in what Currie does, but in the portal era, 4 years is enough to build a team.

Monsanto may not play for Wake next year, but it’s much more likely he’ll be playing pro somewhere than playing for another college
Yeah, this is my feeling as well. This is his fourth year in college, in theory he should be getting his degree and guys who can shoot lights out at his size and not be a liability playing man defense get paid a lot of money to play basketball.

Having absolutely zero inside information, the hope for keeping Damari seems to be that he does not graduate by August, and that graduating is very important to him.

Nice job by the staff. Loving our overseas recruiting! Forbes is building something and it's going to be fun to watch. Agree with B2B...he's an awesome coach. It's only a matter of time until we start winning the majority of these toss up games.

If I'm in the staff's shoes, depending on what happens with Monsanto (my personal opinion is that he'll stay one more year, but who knows) I'm looking for a Ty 2.0 and a transfer big who has put up consistent numbers (rebounding/points/blocks). I was hopeful that Marsh would have a breakout year, but he's a bit one dimensional and not to single out any particular player, but Bradford isn't the answer. He's way too slow to be effective in the ACC. If we had Dallas Walton or Big E on this team (both types of 'bigs' would fit with our O) I think we're top 2-3 in conference this year and probably next with what's coming back (hopefully). The jury is out on Keller, so either a true PF or bulldozer type (Burns at State) along with another player like Ty (or Alondes) and we're in business. Our offense is not the problem...we need rebounding/blocks to excel in the ACC and to shut down easy buckets in the paint. IMHO, that's the one thing missing on this team.

Making the tournament is such incredibly good exposure. Who doesn’t fill out a bracket?

It’s a huge boost in recruiting and I’m sure all the admissions people are eager to for it too.

Next year Wake will be as good as Ituka and "Appleby 2.0." For next year, quality of point guard will largely determine success level of team

Next year Wake will be as good as Ituka and "Appleby 2.0." For next year, quality of point guard will largely determine success level of team.
I agree to a point, but I still think an ACC level big man is the key to being really good.

Everything is on track, on schedule, etc. except for the tourney appearances. For better or worse, that's what this particular sport is.

I'd like to see more highlights from this kid, but in Forbes I trust. I will say that the Slavic middle name (or is it the first part of his surname?) bodes well. Not sure about the Danes, but the Slavs can definitely hoop it up. He has some beef on him too with room to get much bigger. Physically, he should be ready to play on the first day. Long arms too. He will affect passing lanes.

I'd like to see more highlights from this kid, but in Forbes I trust. I will say that the Slavic middle name (or is it the first part of his surname?) bodes well. Not sure about the Danes, but the Slavs can definitely hoop it up. He has some beef on him too with room to get much bigger. Physically, he should be ready to play on the first day. Long arms too. He will affect passing lanes.

He's a "vic."

His dad is Tony Marion. His mom is Nanna Mitrovic Marion.

It is certainly no coincidence that Marion has ended up becoming a profile for BMS Herlev. He is a real BMS Herlev boy and has played in the club all his life. His mother, Nanna Mitrovic Marion, makes a big effort at the club. In general, Marion was brought up in a real basketball family. His father, Tony Marion, came to Denmark in 1994, and played for several years in Holbæk and Næstved. Nanna Marion was also an elite basketball player in Denmark and has been player of the year in the Women's Basketball League.

I posted this on the women's hoops thread. Marqus has a little sister born in 2008 who is tall and plays hoops as well. I'm sure Gebbia is on it.

I fear Monsanto will not be back. This NIL stuff has gotten so out of hand, and I'm certain he'll have NIL collectives reaching out to him behind the scenes. We're into the wild West now. But I'm going to keep fingers crossed that he's bombing like crazy from 3-point land over the remainder of our season.
Maybe, but tonight is a good example of why I think your fear is misplaced. Is he going to go to a better program to ride the bench, or a lesser program to be the man, or stick with what he is familiar with? There are plenty of players out there who shoot the ball as well as Monsanto. Not so many with his height, but most with more basketball sense, which is arguably more important. He can shoot you to a big lead, a big deficit, or help the other team chip away at a big lead by taking ill-advised shots early in the shot clock. He's still doing that this late in the season.

He will be a much more desirable prospect when he shows that he can play with some basketball IQ. That will help his shooting % too.

Back