• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I trust Forbes to get what we need from the portal for next year. I think we get two guards (one a scoring PG and the other a long and good shooting combo) and a mobile athletic 5. Those thinking Ituka is the answer need to take a step back a little based on what I have heard. I think we lose at least 2 players to transfer and possibly 3

I trust Forbes to get what we need from the portal for next year. I think we get two guards (one a scoring PG and the other a long and good shooting combo) and a mobile athletic 5. Those thinking Ituka is the answer need to take a step back a little based on what I have heard. I think we lose at least 2 players to transfer and possibly 3
Not so worried about losing guys to transfers. Since his arrival Forbes has lost one guy to the portal (other than guys he "helped find a more suitable program"), and that was Ody Oguama after year one. We could easily lose one of Lucas Taylor and Rob McCray, but I don't think we lose both. If we do, it's not the end of the world. Carr obviously isn't going anywhere, there's no reason for Bobi or Cam to leave (international players can't take money), I don't see Keller as finding it beneficial to transfer, Bradford already transferred once and won't risk not getting a waiver, and I don't think high major teams are going to be lining up for him or Marsh anyway.

Definite/almost definite returners: Carr, Hildreth, Klintman, Keller, Bradford, Marsh
Questionable: Monsanto, McCray, Taylor
Additions: Ituka, Aaron Clark, transfer PG, transfer scoring guard?, transfer skilled big?

It'll come down to if Monsanto returns and how good our PG addition ends up being. Landing an ACC level 5 or having Keller take a major step towards that would also be very helpful. Floor is probably like 8-12 if departures don't go our way and additions don't pan out, but if we get some breaks I can see top 4. Cam, Monsanto, Carr, and Bobi is a pretty damn solid group if you can add a PG and competent big whether they be internal developers or transfers. I really think Bobi grows leaps and bounds this offseason into a starting caliber guy.

Maybe, but tonight is a good example of why I think your fear is misplaced. Is he going to go to a better program to ride the bench, or a lesser program to be the man, or stick with what he is familiar with? There are plenty of players out there who shoot the ball as well as Monsanto. Not so many with his height, but most with more basketball sense, which is arguably more important. He can shoot you to a big lead, a big deficit, or help the other team chip away at a big lead by taking ill-advised shots early in the shot clock. He's still doing that this late in the season.

He will be a much more desirable prospect when he shows that he can play with some basketball IQ. That will help his shooting % too.
I agree with this except “there are plenty of players out there who shoot the ball as well as Monsanto.” There aren’t in college ball. In some metrics, his shot volume/shooting pct is one of the best in years in both the ACC and NCAA. If he doesn’t project as a first rounder, WF needs to find him some NIL $$. He’s a big difference maker.

I agree with this except “there are plenty of players out there who shoot the ball as well as Monsanto.” There aren’t in college ball. In some metrics, his shot volume/shooting pct is one of the best in years in both the ACC and NCAA. If he doesn’t project as a first rounder, WF needs to find him some NIL $$. He’s a big difference maker.
Three point pct

Not so worried about losing guys to transfers. Since his arrival Forbes has lost one guy to the portal (other than guys he "helped find a more suitable program"), and that was Ody Oguama after year one. We could easily lose one of Lucas Taylor and Rob McCray, but I don't think we lose both. If we do, it's not the end of the world. Carr obviously isn't going anywhere, there's no reason for Bobi or Cam to leave (international players can't take money), I don't see Keller as finding it beneficial to transfer, Bradford already transferred once and won't risk not getting a waiver, and I don't think high major teams are going to be lining up for him or Marsh anyway.

Definite/almost definite returners: Carr, Hildreth, Klintman, Keller, Bradford, Marsh
Additions: Ituka, Aaron Clark, transfer PG, transfer scoring guard?, transfer skilled big?

It'll come down to if Monsanto returns and how good our PG addition ends up being. Landing an ACC level 5 or having Keller take a major step towards that would also be very helpful. Floor is probably like 8-12 if departures don't go our way and additions don't pan out, but if we get some breaks I can see top 4. Cam, Monsanto, Carr, and Bobi is a pretty damn solid group if you can add a PG and competent big whether they be internal developers or transfers. I really think Bobi grows leaps and bounds this offseason into a starting caliber guy.
You left Marion out

Hildreth, Carr, Marsh, Bradford as seniors, with Klintman As a Jr, and MMM and the rest of our 2023 class as sophomores. That's a nucleus to build around, to go with whatever guard(s) we pull outta the portal/Ituka, etc.

Forbes going for this kid from OK takes away one more potential spot for a grad transfer.

I guess he's either confident in Ituka/McCray/Taylor/Monsanto working out, or he knows a couple of them won't be on the team next year. There's next to zero percent chance that he isn't planning on bringing in a portal PG

I’m interested to see if Marsh/Bradford/Keller all stick or if we try to replace one with some rim protection. That’s definitely a tough call for the staff. Keller seems like a Forbes type of guy going forward if he can defend at all.

Jalen Johnson also transferred.

I think Keller returns , he seems like a really good fit here but in 2023 if a freshmen doesn't play much then he is on transfer alert. That is just the way it goes now.

Sign me up on this Parker Friedrichsen guy we're pursuing who opened his commitment from ND after the Brey news.

99th in the 247Sports rankings - 6'3 shooter.

Sounds like Forbes was on him hard right after it. He's visiting on Saturday for the Tech game. Creighton, Iowa, and Kansas are pursuing as well, amongst others.

Feels like the type of shooter teams really hate to play against. Would love him to be our guy people hate.

Sign me up on this Parker Friedrichsen guy we're pursuing who opened his commitment from ND after the Brey news.

99th in the 247Sports rankings - 6'3 shooter.

Sounds like Forbes was on him hard right after it. He's visiting on Saturday for the Tech game. Creighton, Iowa, and Kansas are pursuing as well, amongst others.

Feels like the type of shooter teams really hate to play against. Would love him to be our guy people hate.

"We need to get him in the weight room this summer."

- Wake Forest dads

Back