• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

So my niece works in the USC-Upstate athletic department and last night she got me seats (on the floor no less) to their game vs Charleston Southern. These 2 teams compete in the Big South Conference. Upstate beat them pretty good but what impressed me most was a guard Upstate has named Jordan Gainey. He is Justin Gainey's son who played at NC State back in the day and is a current assistant at Tennessee. This kid can play and was freshman of the year in the conference last year. Not saying he is or can be an ACC guard, but he is 6-4 and can really shoot it plus plays good D. Not sure if he enters portal but might be worth a look.

He can definitely shoot the ball. Probably can move up a level, but based on the overall stats would not be great at the ACC level other than a shooter off the bench in situational positions. Looks like he was HOT last night though.

So my niece works in the USC-Upstate athletic department and last night she got me seats (on the floor no less) to their game vs Charleston Southern. These 2 teams compete in the Big South Conference. Upstate beat them pretty good but what impressed me most was a guard Upstate has named Jordan Gainey. He is Justin Gainey's son who played at NC State back in the day and is a current assistant at Tennessee. This kid can play and was freshman of the year in the conference last year. Not saying he is or can be an ACC guard, but he is 6-4 and can really shoot it plus plays good D. Not sure if he enters portal but might be worth a look.

So this is today's edition of make DeacInVermont feel old. Thanks.

I’m interested to see if Marsh/Bradford/Keller all stick or if we try to replace one with some rim protection. That’s definitely a tough call for the staff. Keller seems like a Forbes type of guy going forward if he can defend at all.
At this point I think Bradford is what he is. I'm more confident that Marsh can extend his offensive game by a few feet and improve his rebounding next season. But Keller seems to be the most talented of the 3 and I think he'll have a very nice season next year.

Disagree that Bradford is what he is. He has shown a few glimpses recently and he really had a nice game against unc. Not saying he's all acc but he might just finish the season as a serviceable player in the right match ups. Far cry from where he was day 1.

Mar
At this point I think Bradford is what he is. I'm more confident that Marsh can extend his offensive game by a few feet and improve his rebounding next season. But Keller seems to be the most talented of the 3 and I think he'll have a very nice season next year.
Marsh showed the nice little move aalgainst u *NC Tuesday. He needs to continue to work on moves like that. Maybe Cam can teach him the little jump hook.

I think they all can improve offensively, but rim protection is something you either have or you don’t. Bradford is solid defensively against big bodies but he’s not going to rotate over and block shots. Marsh and Keller are certainly a level down from that defensively. We have a top 30 offense already but defense is keeping us from truly competing. I don’t think we can take two more seasons of not having rim protection, but the years of eligibility on the roster at the 5 is a problem that’s going to have to be solved to not be 139th again.

This one has a few more highlights.

That highlight package has much better ball movement, moving without the ball, and plays than a typical high school highlight package. He looks ready to contribute from day 1. He basically looks like what I think Bobi will be next season.

I think they all can improve offensively, but rim protection is something you either have or you don’t. Bradford is solid defensively against big bodies but he’s not going to rotate over and block shots. Marsh and Keller are certainly a level down from that defensively. We have a top 30 offense already but defense is keeping us from truly competing. I don’t think we can take two more seasons of not having rim protection, but the years of eligibility on the roster at the 5 is a problem that’s going to have to be solved to not be 139th again.
I disagree. I think his rim protection has improved as the season has progressed, so I think he could become even better in this area. Not elite, but I think he can continue to improve in this area.

Friedrichsen kid has a nice, natural stroke from deep. Bixby, in case you're wondering, is a big school in suburban Tulsa-- quickly replacing Jenks/Union as the preeminent football power in the state. Not sure about their hoops program, but it looks like they're good this year, perhaps as a result of Friedrichsen.

Bradford's block percentage is way higher than I thought it would be at 5.9%. Not sure if he can continue to develop that in the offseason.

If he can bump it up to the 7-8% then he's top 50 nationally.

Jalen Johnson also transferred.
That was mutual. Forbes began having meetings with that team two weeks before the ACC tournament and informed the guys what his plans were moving forward, and he worked to find many of them new homes, most of which worked out well (i.e. Isaiah Wilkins winning conference player of the year for Longwood).

That was mutual. Forbes began having meetings with that team two weeks before the ACC tournament and informed the guys what his plans were moving forward, and he worked to find many of them new homes, most of which worked out well (i.e. Isaiah Wilkins winning conference player of the year for Longwood).
Sure but it’s inaccurate to say that Ody Oguama is the only person who has transferred. That’s not true.

Bradford's block percentage is way higher than I thought it would be at 5.9%. Not sure if he can continue to develop that in the offseason.

If he can bump it up to the 7-8% then he's top 50 nationally.
If we can demonstrate to him that jumping is allowed in the game of basketball, that could really improve his game a lot.

Friedrichsen kid has a nice, natural stroke from deep. Bixby, in case you're wondering, is a big school in suburban Tulsa-- quickly replacing Jenks/Union as the preeminent football power in the state. Not sure about their hoops program, but it looks like they're good this year, perhaps as a result of Friedrichsen.

I used to live in Bixby and my wife worked for their school system. I had no idea they were good now. They sure weren’t when we were there. At that time the only thing good that came out of Bixby was sod.

Mar
Marsh showed the nice little move aalgainst u *NC Tuesday. He needs to continue to work on moves like that. Maybe Cam can teach him the little jump hook.
Don't disagree Marsh can improve, but that shot against UNC was a weak move followed by a desperation flip towards the rim that miraculously went in. Do not want him doing that again this season.

Back