• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Making the tournament is such incredibly good exposure. Who doesn’t fill out a bracket?

It’s a huge boost in recruiting and I’m sure all the admissions people are eager to for it too.

Even better when you're the team that busts a lot of brackets.

Monsanto's ideal role will be the 3rd option on a good team. He's not quite a Klay who can be the #2 behind a dynamic scorer.

Not "Klay," "a Klay" meaning a spot up shooter who can be a strong #2 option for a good team.

Cool that Forbes made the staff switch with Shay/Woodley because he said Woodley really got after it recruiting-wise and he wanted him to do more (paraphrasing).

Looked like possibly Juke Harris sitting behind the bench tonight?
Juke was there. I think I read somewhere he grew up a Carolina fan, so that couldn't have hurt. He may be talented enough that it comes down to money, but it's very obvious from interviews he and Forbes have a very close relationship. Add him and we're really cooking going forward. Really would like to also see us land a solid big man recruit soon too. Forbes is just so damn good.

I'd rather have an upperclassmen true PG along with Juke. I'll take my chances on getting something at the five from Marsh, Bradford, Keller, Carr. I'll take the combined Marsh/Bradford production like against u*NC.

ETA:

Having a tru freshman PG start and play mjor minutes from day 1 is not a recipe for success, IMHO. I would prefer to see Juke playing backup minutes to a seasoned 5th year guy to start the season.

Juke and a quality big man is *chefskiss
Bigs are incredibly hard to find in this environment. Talented bigs always come at a premium, and that's literal now that money is involved in most recruitments. I'm nowhere near ready to give up on Keller, but so far the first high school big recruited by Forbes is a little raw. Hoping the next one can come in and make a more immediate impact.

I'd rather have an upperclassmen true PG along with Juke. I'll take my chances on getting something at the five from Marsh, Bradford, Keller, Carr. I'll take the combined Marsh/Bradford production like against u*NC.

ETA:

Having a tru freshman PG start and play mjor minutes from day 1 is not a recipe for success, IMHO. I would prefer to see Juke playing backup minutes to a seasoned 5th year guy to start the season.
Oh yea 100%. Juke and a transfer PG are not at all mutually exclusive, and frankly we need both. We need Juke so that after his freshman season we no longer need to rely on the portal for a PG every single year, but we also need a transfer PG for next year and potentially the year after that (Juke's freshman year). Experienced guards are an absolute must on a winning team. Remember how the Cole Anthony year at UNC went?

I like to think Ituka and Juke could get the job done. Maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on the secret scrimmage reports r.e. Ituka against Ohio State

I like to think Ituka and Juke could get the job done. Maybe I'm placing too much emphasis on the secret scrimmage reports r.e. Ituka against Ohio State
Ituka is an unknown and I don't think he's the best ball handler. We really need another true PG next year. Not many guys can deal with the workload Appleby is having this season as the lone true PG and we don't want to put Ituka in that position especially as a total unknown at this level.

You probably are. We are just better off accumulating more talent. Plus, Juke is a 2024 kid, so he is not ready until year after this one.

Ituka is an unknown and I don't think he's the best ball handler. We really need another true PG next year. Not many guys can deal with the workload Appleby is having this season as the lone true PG and we don't want to put Ituka in that position especially as a total unknown at this level.

Which is it?

Back