• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Also, if the 5 for Utah Valley (Aziz Bandaogo) plans on entering the portal again this offseason, I hope Forbes gets on that after seeing him first hand back in November. He dropped 9 points/17 boards/3 blocks against us. He also doesn't foul very much (2.9 fouls per 40).

He's tearing up the WAC, with 4 straight double-doubles, and has the block% we are looking for (29th nationally). Would be an HUGE upgrade defensively on next year's roster.

pretty sure this isn't the first guy we've gone after from LuHi but I don't remember where that/those guy/s ended up going
I think you're right. Feel like I've seen "that's John Buck's team, we have a chance" and then don't hear anything about it again until there's a new guy on his team that we think we have a chance with.

The most impressive part of that clip wasn't the advertised dunk. It was the Euro step finish a few a plays before.
That was a sweet move, I liked his put back, too, but I think that dunk looks a lot better if we have the traditional angle -- he takes off from pretty far out.

I think you're right. Feel like I've seen "that's John Buck's team, we have a chance" and then don't hear anything about it again until there's a new guy on his team that we think we have a chance with.
If Buck is/was a good mentor to his players he'd have steered them clear of Wake until last season.

Andre Curbelo went to LILU - did we recruit him while he was in HS, or just tried once he announced his transfer from Illinois? Nobody else really sticks out on their rosters from the past 5 years that I remember seeing Wake tied into.

i see LuHi in the top 25 -- often top 10 -- of various high school basketball rankings all the time

Buck's been there a while -- I wonder if he has any college coaching ambitions
He's the Head of School there. Worse ways to spend your career raising a family where you grew up, leading an elite school, and coaching one of the best HS basketball programs in the country. Hard to trade that to grind your way up the ladder doing grunt work in college for years.

Andre Curbelo went to LILU - did we recruit him while he was in HS, or just tried once he announced his transfer from Illinois? Nobody else really sticks out on their rosters from the past 5 years that I remember seeing Wake tied into.
we offered this kid named jaxon koroll back in the day, but i don't think that was committable

i don't think we offered curbelo out of HS, but definitely tried after he transferred

He's the Head of School there. Worse ways to spend your career raising a family where you grew up, leading an elite school, and coaching one of the best HS basketball programs in the country. Hard to trade that to grind your way up the ladder doing grunt work in college for years.
Except it's on Long Island.

I guess he's either confident in Ituka/McCray/Taylor/Monsanto working out, or he knows a couple of them won't be on the team next year. There's next to zero percent chance that he isn't planning on bringing in a portal PG
Situation in the portal this off-season regarding PG is really odd to me. I think Forbes really likes Ituka, and I think unless this injury is a long term concern for his basketball ability, Forbes is penciling him for 20+ mpg at the point next offseason. That leads me to believe that Forbes probably won’t be able to bring in a star portal PG because he just doesn’t have the playing time to give them, I mean he made Ituka a captain for a reason. So, if I had a guess I think he goes for a younger guys, who’s maybe not as good right now as a star Grad PG, but has 2 or 3 years left. My idea is that Clark is coming in, and he’s willing to get a guy like Friedrichsen which would mean bringing in two guards in this class. But, neither Clark, nor Friedrichsen (if we got him) are really point guards, both maybe could become one if you focus that as their development from day one, but I doubt that. And if Taylor and/or McCray transfer out then you have an opening there for a point guard with 2 or 3 years left that basically runs right alongside Ituka. Maybe the guy you bring in is more a combo guard, if Ituka is really just going to play/defend the Point.

I thought the team voted on their captains (no Forbes veto of course)

Situation in the portal this off-season regarding PG is really odd to me. I think Forbes really likes Ituka, and I think unless this injury is a long term concern for his basketball ability, Forbes is penciling him for 20+ mpg at the point next offseason. That leads me to believe that Forbes probably won’t be able to bring in a star portal PG because he just doesn’t have the playing time to give them, I mean he made Ituka a captain for a reason. So, if I had a guess I think he goes for a younger guys, who’s maybe not as good right now as a star Grad PG, but has 2 or 3 years left. My idea is that Clark is coming in, and he’s willing to get a guy like Friedrichsen which would mean bringing in two guards in this class. But, neither Clark, nor Friedrichsen (if we got him) are really point guards, both maybe could become one if you focus that as their development from day one, but I doubt that. And if Taylor and/or McCray transfer out then you have an opening there for a point guard with 2 or 3 years left that basically runs right alongside Ituka. Maybe the guy you bring in is more a combo guard, if Ituka is really just going to play/defend the Point.

I think coach really likes Jao but he’s also not going to risk his entire season on a PG coming off injury with zero experience at this level. Ituka has 3 years after this year, so he shouldn’t be thought of as an experienced guy. One more ACC started level PG to ease Jao’s transition makes all the sense in the world to me, esp with all the young guards that are likely to be on the roster.

Yeah pad the roster with a solid PG...if you can get the top guy in the market, I think it's tough for Ituka overall but that's business. Forbes isn't going to ignore the PG spot having to replace Tyree, knowing he was able to bring Tyree in to replace Alondes, if there are guys on the market he can snag. The position is too valuable.

I think coach really likes Jao but he’s also not going to risk his entire season on a PG coming off injury with zero experience at this level. Ituka has 3 years after this year, so he shouldn’t be thought of as an experienced guy. One more ACC started level PG to ease Jao’s transition makes all the sense in the world to me, esp with all the young guards that are likely to be on the roster.
I think maybe a combo guard that’s very adept on and off the ball, and is a bigger guy who can defend the 1, 2, and maybe even smaller 3s (say 6’5 and below) makes the most sense in terms of a Grad guy. The transfer gets 20 at the point, 10-15 at the 2. Leaving Ituka 20 at the point and Cam 25-30 at the 2, plus maybe a few minutes at the 3 in smaller lineups.

Back