• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I think maybe a combo guard that’s very adept on and off the ball, and is a bigger guy who can defend the 1, 2, and maybe even smaller 3s (say 6’5 and below) makes the most sense in terms of a Grad guy. The transfer gets 20 at the point, 10-15 at the 2. Leaving Ituka 20 at the point and Cam 25-30 at the 2, plus maybe a few minutes at the 3 in smaller lineups.
The problem with this is that if Ituka gets hurt again or does not return to the form Forbes thinks he had, WF goes 5-15 in the ACC

The problem with this is that if Ituka gets hurt again or does not return to the form Forbes thinks he had, WF goes 5-15 in the ACC
We’ve made it through this year with just one PG. So in that scenario said Grad transfer goes from combo to full time point guard.

We’ve made it through this year with just one PG. So in that scenario said Grad transfer goes from combo to full time point guard.

He has sat out for a total of 6 minutes in the last 7 games with a high usage rate putting up historic numbers and we are on the wrong side of the bubble.

If I'm Forbes, I'm recruiting the best PG available. Grad transfer preferred as that would provide flexibility for the following year.

Ituka was a scorer for Marist. He had few if any PG reponsibilities and ended the season with 50% more turnovers than assists. He will be coming off a season lost to injury and making a sizable leap in competition. He can provide depth at PG and SG as he transitions. That role would have been perfect for this season and would have benefits for next season.

Forbes has shown great ability to identify, secure and develop PG's from the portal. Given his track record, I don't foresee any difficulty filling that position for next year.

Priority 1 in the portal is a good point guard. Wake will crash and burn if some combination of Ituka and Hildreth are manning the point guard position.

He has sat out for a total of 6 minutes in the last 7 games with a high usage rate putting up historic numbers and we are on the wrong side of the bubble.
Not going to lie, this has been worrying me. He's obviously gassed at the end of the games. Not sure it's humanly possible for him to keep this up the rest of the season and ACCT.

The exhaustion of Tyree Appleby is such an overrated issue. Dude is 24 and plays basketball for a living. He can play a couple 40 minute games every week. Sure, it'd be nice to get him a few minutes of rest in fast-paced games, but he's fine. Posters are talking about him like he's some 40-year-old weekend warrior with bad hips and a hernia.

The exhaustion of Tyree Appleby is such an overrated issue. Dude is 24 and plays basketball for a living. He can play a couple 40 minute games every week. Sure, it'd be nice to get him a few minutes of rest in fast-paced games, but he's fine. Posters are talking about him like he's some 40-year-old weekend warrior with bad hips and a hernia.

Nobody is doing that

He’s playing more minutes than anyone else in the P6

For the purposes of this thread, if you think we should go into next year with Ituka as the only true point guard, which was someone’s stance here, and the reason I mentioned Ty’s minutes, then you and I disagree.

Last edited:
I've never watched a colorado state game in my entire life, but man Isaiah Stevens stats are amazing. Every team in the country would want him.

One thing that is pretty amazing about snagging Alondes and then Tyree two consecutive years is that their stats were not amazing and they were not the most coveted transfers. Yet Forbes and crew saw something and turned them both into All ACC players.

Ody averaging 4 and 5 for a Cincinnati team in year 4 of playing college ball is not what I was expecting. I figured he would be a 10-12 and 7 guy at this point. He would be the best big on this team.
Wrong. He was 6-8 and couldn’t shoot a lick. Carr, Klintman and Marsh are better.

Back