• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Saw a Memphis 24-7 article that says "Ayomide's top six consists of Illinois, Kansas, Memphis, Providence, and Seton Hall."

Count those teams SLOWLY buddy. Don't hurt yourself.

Pretty sure I saw what you referenced a few days ago (or a different thing from the same person). The issue was that they included Providence twice on their list, so it was "Providence, Seton Hall, and Providence." Seems they likely saw their mistake but somehow just deleted the second Providence instead of actually making it correct.

Not that it really matters as he's going to Memphis.

Nevermind. I assume his shift from Clemson to FSU was due to Steve Smith (lead recruiter) leaving Clemson for FSU.

Sounds wide open.

If you're a skinny athletic 6-5 SG, FSU already has one of you on the roster.

Interesting he decommitted, was Carter Whitts AAU teammate last year.

Possible scenario: Hamilton could have talked about pulling the offer and Bryce saved face by decommitting. Jalen Warley, another 4 star PG of similar size just recently committed to FSU.

A dude on Twitter is saying McGowens and Carter Whitt are already talking...Also read that it looks like it could be a Wake, Clemson, Nebraska battle. Having played AAU ball with Whitt could end up being HUGE for us.

Could you imagine a 2021 class of McCray, Whitt, Hildreth, McGowens and Aidoo? Hot damnnn

McGowens attends same HS that gave us Sharone Wright Jr

Possible scenario: Hamilton could have talked about pulling the offer and Bryce saved face by decommitting. Jalen Warley, another 4 star PG of similar size just recently committed to FSU.

In what world does any coach push out a 5-star, ~#25ish-ranked committed recruit?

Knowing nothing about the situation, I'd suspect he just doesn't like how the rest of FSU's class turned out... Either style-wise or because there is going to be less of a focus on him.

I'm sure Forbes will reach out, no matter how many guards we have. You don't turn down 5-star talent.

Vibes? Vibes anyone?

In what world does any coach push out a 5-star, ~#25ish-ranked committed recruit?

Knowing nothing about the situation, I'd suspect he just doesn't like how the rest of FSU's class turned out... Either style-wise or because there is going to be less of a focus on him.

I'm sure Forbes will reach out, no matter how many guards we have. You don't turn down 5-star talent.

Maybe a lot of red flags started showing up, such as complaining about less focus on him. I agree; the scenario is strange and there must be something going on that one side or the other, or both, didn't like. Buyer's remorse is strange. If Bryce doesn't like the rest of the recruiting class, his standards are higher than mine.

Dream scenario....

We get McGowens and get Brandon Huntley Hatfield to reclassify and join the fold. It would be a top-10 class

That's my take on it by reading the tea leaves...But maybe we have no chance, idk

He was the highest ranked in their recruiting class and had been committed the longest. They added another PG/SG & a SG/SF in July & August. They also added C John Butler in July. He & McGowens both play HS ball in Greenville SC so they likely know each other.

I did read that McGowen's brother transferred from Pitt to Nebraska this season which explains their inclusion

Back