• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Another PG? We have no bigs and tons of guards. Unless the guy is going to going to play 25+ mpg over Whitt and Williamson and McCray, we don't need him.

A guy who is a 42% career 3 point shooter can always find a place on a rebuilding roster. Come on, man

A guy who is a 42% career 3 point shooter can always find a place on a rebuilding roster. Come on, man

We have a gazillion guards. Forbes has made it very clear that Carter Whitt is our leader going forward. We also have Williamson. We have no real bigs at this point. Without bigs, we can't have Williamson, Whitt and another very small guy playing PG.

We will have more than the one current scholarship, but it's dangerous to take another very small player. If we use that scholarship for a small, it basically guarantees another very bad season.

We need a talent upgrade - period. Would it be preferable to have that upgrade be a big over a guard? Absolutely! But if the choice is status quo versus bringing in another player or two who is better than the current bottom of our roster, then any incremental improvement is good. That should be common sense.

We need a talent upgrade - period. Would it be preferable to have that upgrade be a big over a guard? Absolutely! But if the choice is status quo versus bringing in another player or two who is better than the current bottom of our roster, then any incremental improvement is good. That should be common sense.
If we only had 1 scholly i would say guaranteed you must take a big, but likely we have 3-4 open spots so to me you can take another guard and a couple bigs. We finished 14th place in the ACC, we need to upgrade our roster any way we can. To say you would pass on a player because we have too many of that position is laughable.

Ha "another" point guard, as if we're just chock full of ACC-quality point guards.

I love Whitt as a building block and think he'll be really good for us, but of course we'd be better with him backing up Storm Murphy for a year and then taking the reins for 3 years. Murphy's offensive output over Whitt this year is like Ody and Massoud's scoring combined. That is a gap that doesn't close in one offseason. Williamson will be back - he's not a point guard. DuBose *might* be back, also not a point guard. All bets are off beyond that, and who knows what DuBose will actually do. Good chance Whitt and Quadry are the only PG's on the roster at this point - those are not guys ready to lead an NCAA Tourney team.

McCray can play some point as well.

Do you think someone is going to transfer to Wake to be a backup with little chance of making The Dance without landing a serious big?

We need to be realistic. I love what I see from Cam and McCray. I hope Ody can improve greatly again, but we are one of the weakest P6 teams in the country at 4/5 unless we get a stud big.

We are not getting a stud big next year. We need to hope for a serviceable ACC big.

How can the Greensboro Coliseum afford to replace 23,000 ugly green seats with blue ones and Wake Forest still hasnt yet replaced the ugly green upper deck seats at the Joel? After 30 years?

How can the Greensboro Coliseum afford to replace 23,000 ugly green seats with blue ones and Wake Forest still hasnt yet replaced the ugly green upper deck seats at the Joel? After 30 years?

Wouldn’t be a problem if there were butts sitting in them

My take on recruiting is that with five guys honored on senior night, at least two won't be playing for Wake nexr season. Two ACC starter caliber bigs needed. Guys who would start for teams not playing tonight and Duke.

Massoud is both awful and our best option.

These recruits can’t get here fast enough to take these Manning bitches PT!

These recruits can’t get here fast enough to take these Manning bitches PT!

Three guys with DNP tonight. Neath, Okpomo and Wilkins. Hadn't heard any of them were injured or ill. Okpomo is a frosh so DNP is not too surprising. He was a project when he arrived. Still needs more work. Neath and Wilkins leads one to question if they will be on the roster next year.

Three guys with DNP tonight. Neath, Okpomo and Wilkins. Hadn't heard any of them were injured or ill. Okpomo is a frosh so DNP is not too surprising. He was a project when he arrived. Still needs more work. Neath and Wilkins leads one to question if they will be on the roster next year.

I expect the latter two as some of 3-4 openings

Good grief do we need a big man...not one player on our team has a solid inside move. It always looks forced and unpolished.

I expect the latter two as some of 3-4 openings

Neath is gone as I think he should be. Wilkins is a good dude but honestly does not have the talent for the ACC. I'm truly not sure about Okpomo, my guess is he could be gone also.

I personally think Okpomo could be good for us. He just needs a lot of time in the weight room and also needs to be a little more polished with his moves, but he’s not terrible.

Meath, Wilkins, Massoud, Mucius can leave. Hope Dubose and Jonah come back.

Back