• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I personally think Okpomo could be good for us. He just needs a lot of time in the weight room and also needs to be a little more polished with his moves, but he’s not terrible.

Meath, Wilkins, Massoud, Mucius can leave. Hope Dubose and Jonah come back.

Did you watch the game tonight? Mucius had a fantastic game. Would love to have the leader of our team back next year.

Did you watch the game tonight? Mucius had a fantastic game. Would love to have the leader of our team back next year.

He is terrible on defense, misses shots he should make and is absolutely horrible, horrible in transition. I watched the last five minutes and he missed two wide open layups, got his shit swatted away on a clear line to the basket and he gave up two wide open three point shots and then turned the ball over right after that. If he’s the leader of our team, that’s very telling of how far we need to go.

Glad you don’t disagree on the others. My main frustration with Mucius is that he’s mostly gone backwards this year. Very disappointing.

He is terrible on defense, misses shots he should make and is absolutely horrible, horrible in transition. I watched the last five minutes and he missed two wide open layups, got his shit swatted away on a clear line to the basket and he gave up two wide open three point shots and then turned the ball over right after that. If he’s the leader of our team, that’s very telling of how far we need to go.

Glad you don’t disagree on the others. My main frustration with Mucius is that he’s mostly gone backwards this year. Very disappointing.

Mucius played his tail off and was exhausted at the end. That's why he was slow on defense and getting shots swatted when he should be able to rise over defenders. He shouldn't need to be a guy going 35 minutes a game scoring 20+, because that isn't his role. In a role as an athletic wing playing inside and out mostly coming off the ball he would be very effective. Keep in mind better players make players better, and as Forbes brings in new guys, the current guys will have pressure taken off of them and will look so much better in defined roles.

the last 7 minutes were incredibly disappointing, but we built the lead in very large part because of Mucius and Williamson

Mucius had 11/8/3 at halftime and looked like an all-league player

in this system, i would love to have Mucius back, as well as Massoud. They are both 6'8 and can hit the 3 and at least last night tried to do something in the post, where we are very weak. yes, there are some defensive issues but give Forbes another year to teach these guys. once we get any semblance of an inside game they could be a nice piece, neither can play in the post.

our entire game plan is taking 3pt shots, mostly due to lack of post presence (we also don't have many that can effectively drive the lane either). they have it easy against us, pressure deep.

I had very low expectations this season and at times i was pleasantly surprised...albeit other times we got what i expected.

i hope to see improvement next year

Although his shot selection and defense is often atrocious, I've actually been encouraged by Massoud's potential over last few games. Specifically, he has taken it to the rim on a few occasions. Granted, he is so weak he either misses or gets rejected. But, weakness/toughness can be fixed. Part of the improvement from frosh to soph should be in strength etc--which none of these guys. Curious to see if Forbes and the strength team can actually put some muscle on him and teach him to finish through contact. If so, he becomes so much more valuable.

Massoud is a 20 year old sophomore. He can shoot from three every few games but that’s about it. I don’t think he has much upside.

I thought Massoud, Whitt, and Mucius played their best ball in a while. I think we got tired, and they didn’t. No legs on a lot of second half shots. Whitt was impressive, and not just because of his age. If we get some bigs with good hands he could average 6-7 assists per game. He showed some craftiness tonight that was sweet! Hope this game gives him a vision of what he can do here. I suspect Mucius will have a really good year, if he stays. Massoud gets put into some tough matchups, and I hope he wears those ankle weights all summer.

How can the Greensboro Coliseum afford to replace 23,000 ugly green seats with blue ones and Wake Forest still hasnt yet replaced the ugly green upper deck seats at the Joel? After 30 years?

Should have been black to start.

the last 7 minutes were incredibly disappointing, but we built the lead in very large part because of Mucius and Williamson

Mucius had 11/8/3 at halftime and looked like an all-league player

I like Mucius and all, but he was shooting around %30 or less in the first half. Even the announcers were going down the box score and caught themselves mid-sentence from saying "had a great first half" because he was something like 4 of 14 shooting. His shots weren't falling, but he was busting his ass and trying to put the team on his back. To say we don't even want him back is insane. I guarantee you Forbes wants him back.

A lot of the convo going on here could go into the "roster construction" thread.

Last edited:
I have been critical of Mucius in the past, partly due to relatively low BBall iq, and I never liked that he said his highlite last year was playing at Cameron Indoor (even though we lost). However, he does play hard, even though not always smart, and I think Forbes is ingraining a winning mentality in him. I also think he likes the bright lights and will tend to thrive with Wake fans in the stands next year.

In the interest of full disclosure, you do realize Mucius was 6 for 19 from the floor(1 for 5 from three point land). Not saying I don't want him back but he is far from the go to player we hoped he would be. He's been here 3 years, how much more upside does he have?

Good SkySports article about Cam Hildreth. Very positive mentions of Wake and confirmation that we all should be rooting for Nick Nurse and the Raptors.

[h=1]Cam Hildreth: British basketball's rising star discusses his journey Stateside with Wake Forest[/h]
https://www.skysports.com/more-spor...cusses-his-journey-stateside-with-wake-forest

Cam's dad used to work with Nick Nurse.

Cam's father played professionally as a point guard for the Worthing Thunder and Brighton Bears, among others, across a 15-year career in British basketball that notably included time working with now-Toronto Raptors head coach Nick Nurse. While Daniel still coaches, the focus these days is very much on the small spectator that used to accompany him at games.

This is his third season of playing pro ball.

The 18-year-old's arrival came on the back of two seasons with Worthing in NBL Division One, in which he averaged 20 points, six rebounds, and three assists during the 2019-20 campaign.
"I started off in junior leagues and I've always played up so I've always been the younger one on the team," he said. "I've always done that to push myself. I don't want to ever be in a comfort zone, because when I get to a comfort zone I know I can sometimes chill for a bit and that's the last thing I want to do. I always need to be pushing myself.

Cam is excited about going to Wake. His dad's connection with Nick Nurse paid off for us.
"Obviously the main priority right now is winning games at Surrey, but don't get me wrong, Wake Forest is always there," says a smiling Hildreth, as he pulls out a Wake Forest cushion serving as a constant reminder of the chapter ahead. "I can't wait to get there for sure."
While offers came in from elsewhere, North Carolina soon emerged as a natural home away from home. One arguably indicative of the BBL's value.
"The way Wake got in touch with me was slightly through the ANG tournament in Lithuania, that's where they saw some of my highlights," said Hildreth.
"But believe it or not, Nick Nurse actually got in contact with Wake coach Steve Forbes, primarily because my dad and uncle are good friends with Nick due to him coaching them back in the day in the BBL. He's best friends with the head coach at Wake Forest, that's how they got in contact."

From the nutrition to the private school, 'tick, tick, tick' is the way Hildreth goes on to describe it, before his face lights up at the reminder of 11-time NBA All-Star Chris Paul and five-time NBA champion Tim Duncan being among the Wake alumni.

[h=2]They've watched my highlights and then they were impressed and from there, that's how it kind of went. I fell in love with Wake Forest - the staff is amazing, coaching staff, education staff, facilities, everything about them is unbelievable. I was like 'this is the one for me'.[/h] Hildreth discussing choosing Wake Forest

Despite initial scepticism upon entering the BBL, the young guard who styles his game on that of Kyrie Irving has been unfazed and perhaps even a little surprised by his own impact.
The production was immediate, Hildreth marking his debut with 22 points and a buzzer-beating winner against the Thames Valley Cavaliers in the BBL Trophy, before registering 17 points against the Manchester Giants and a 10-point, 10-rebound double-double against the Bristol Flyers in the BBL Championship.

Addition tidbit in that article. It seems like he's taking online classes while playing with Surrey.

Good find, Ph. Trying to temper my expectations for Cam but he certainly has everything you want in an incoming freshman. The added bonus of him playing extensively against grown men bodes really well.

Yeah, everyone needs to pump the breaks on Cam. Just because he’s going to average 31/5/8 and win NPOY doesn’t mean we will get past the elite 8.

Good SkySports article about Cam Hildreth. Very positive mentions of Wake and confirmation that we all should be rooting for Nick Nurse and the Raptors.

[h=1]Cam Hildreth: British basketball's rising star discusses his journey Stateside with Wake Forest[/h]
https://www.skysports.com/more-spor...cusses-his-journey-stateside-with-wake-forest

Cam is excited about going to Wake. His dad's connection with Nick Nurse paid off for us.

Addition tidbit in that article. It seems like he's taking online classes while playing with Surrey.
Very nice. Liking this guy alot. Says all the right things that is for sure

Just as long as the classes will make the NCAA happy so he can be eligible at the beginning of the season next fall.

We don't need Joachim Blom 2.0.

In the interest of full disclosure, you do realize Mucius was 6 for 19 from the floor(1 for 5 from three point land). Not saying I don't want him back but he is far from the go to player we hoped he would be. He's been here 3 years, how much more upside does he have?

This is really my point. If he's the best we have and is the team's supposed leader, it goes to show you just how far we have to go. Fine, assume he comes back...but if he's taking minutes from other players who could really benefit by having extra PT who can actually benefit the team long term...that's where I'd rather him just leave. Massoud, Neath and Wilkins are hopefully gone. I wouldn't shed a tear if Mucius left as well, but appreciate the fact that he might be the best option we have at the moment.

Back