• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

Mintz visits March 2, which is our last regular season game against the Wolfpack. Let's seal the deal with this dude.

Cuse and State are in coach limbo and Depaul is... Depaul.

We really need an acc level point guard. I hope Mintz is the guy.

If we see it, Forbes sees it. I have no doubt he will hit the portal hard, if not already.

The portal will start filling after regular seasons end. And more will go in after the NCAA Tournament concludes. Grad transfers will show up as graduation day approaches and they complete all degree requirements. So patience will be needed.

I am sure Forbes has his minions checking the portal frequently.

The other question is how many spots will Wake have open? Mucius already made it known he will evaluate return or leave after the season. If you are Forbes, do you encourage him to stay for another year or suggest pastures might be greener elsewhere and take a chance on a random guy from the portal? Williamson and Walton are in the same status. Who stays and who leaves drives what Forbes is looking for in the portal.

Do any of the freshmen get itchy feet and leave?

The portal will start filling after regular seasons end. And more will go in after the NCAA Tournament concludes. Grad transfers will show up as graduation day approaches and they complete all degree requirements. So patience will be needed.

I am sure Forbes has his minions checking the portal frequently.

The other question is how many spots will Wake have open? Mucius already made it known he will evaluate return or leave after the season. If you are Forbes, do you encourage him to stay for another year or suggest pastures might be greener elsewhere and take a chance on a random guy from the portal? Williamson and Walton are in the same status. Who stays and who leaves drives what Forbes is looking for in the portal.

Do any of the freshmen get itchy feet and leave?

I don't see any coach trying to tell a starter they aren't wanted back as long as they contribute.

I don't see any coach trying to tell a starter they aren't wanted back as long as they contribute.

More along the lines of "your pro stock is never going to be higher" sort of evaluation, not a "we don't want you back" situation.

If Walton, Mucius and Williamson want to return they will be welcomed. Add Laravia and Monsanto and Forbes has his starters. If the freshman all return, he has his bench. If that occurred Forbes could cherry pick the transfer portal for specific pieces rather than retool the roster. Coach has demonstrated he likes experience and is willing to play with a short rotation. Experience within his style of play will be valued.

Last edited:
don't know the source, but the commentators during our last game cited forbes saying his number one recruiting job in the coming offseason was convincing mucius, williamson, walton et al to return for another season when the transfer portal was being discussed.

Could we see a lineups of Jake, Keller and Walton/Marsh on the floor at the same time next season? That could be really fun to watch.

Last edited:
If Walton stays and Keller earns playing time, I don't see why not.

Would love this roster going into next season (13 spots):

KEEP: McCrary, Taylor, Whitt, Hildreth, Williamson, Monsanto, Mucius, LaRavia, Walton, Marsh (10)

ADD: Mintz, Keller (2)

TRANSFER IN: what's the biggest need then... experienced PG? sharp-shooting combo guard? Big to replace Sy? (1)

Big competition between Mintz, McCrary, Whitt and potential transfer PG for minutes at the 1 next year.

Or another way to think about it - 80 mins between the 1 and 2. How do you break it down next year? Split Willamson's approximate minutes from this year between the 1/2 spot for next season.

PG - Williamson 13, Whitt ??, McCrary ??, Mintz ??, PG transfer ?? (27 mins remain)

SG - Williamson 13, Taylor ??, Hildreth ??, Monsanto ?? (27 mins remain)

We have 3 freshmen who rarely play and two other freshmen whose pt is dwindling as the season goes on. In 2022 transfer portal world, I just don’t see a scenario where all 5 come back. I hope they do because all 5 seem to have real potential but this is not 1990 or even 2010 anymore

Back