• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Basketball Recruiting: Juke Harris Commits!!

I would prefer to sign more good HS recruits who develop over years intermingled with transfers for positional need. Recruiting almost new team each year from portal isn't a good strategy IMO. Much easier to teach defensive schemes with a consistent team over time.
That has been the practice the last several years. WR and TE on offense with one O-line guy who didn't work out. Multiple guys at every position on defense.

back to the whiffs on HS recruiting

have to imagine we'd be a better/deeper team if we had landed a couple of these long recruitments

You’re correct. The same would also hold true if Klintman had stayed a second year.

Or if his replacement (Canka) was playable.

His top 100 recruit was Carter Whitt. Sometimes stuff doesn’t work out. I feel very good at this early stage about Friedrichsen and Marion fwiw.

Im fine with multi-year transfers (Carr, Monsanto, hopefully Sallis, Boopie, Reid) too. However he gets it.

On HS, I have a feeling we will see a notable change in success after we make the tourney, but it’s been so long since we’ve been there it’s the egg that has to come before we get our chickens.

Last edited:
The announcers said Wake had 8 players available. Was Canka or Clark injured?

The much much much bigger miss than any high school kid was Tyrese Samuels. Now that would’ve changed what we saw tonight.
Exactly. Samuels has been a huge addition to UF in the early going, averaging 12 ppg and 9 rpg. We're going to have our hands full with a very tall Florida team. 7'1 sophomore Micah Handlogten (Marshall transfer, and 2023 Sun Belt Conference Freshman of the Year) is averaging 10.7 ppg and 9 rpg. Biggest surprise, though, has been a 6'10, 230 lb. freshman from Down Under, Alex Condon. He's averaging 10 ppg in just 15 minutes pg. UF matches up against FSU tonight, which will be very interesting given FSU's length. Very tough kid. Transitioned from Aussie rules football to basketball just a few years ago. Very high ceiling.

I assume he's a walk-on. He doesn't have a profile on 247 or Rivals.

The announcers said Wake had 8 players available. Was Canka or Clark injured?
At this point I have a hunch Clark will be redshirted as he's only played in 1 game. Will be tough for him to get minutes going forward, so redshirting might make sense.

Can he redshirt now without a season ending injury?

Can he redshirt now without a season ending injury?
Great question. I've just read elsewhere that in NCAA basketball, once a player participates in a single game, they lose their redshirt status and will have used up one year of eligibility (unlike the 4 game rule in Division I football). So it appears redshirting may not be an option after all.

What’s the reasoning for the stark redshirt rule differences between football and basketball (and presumably all other sports)?

Back