• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest @ Bucknell - Game Thread

Van horn is a walkon. He has a scholarship only because Madison jones got a DUI. Manning gave him a Scollie as a reward for hard work since we suddenly had an extra one. It doesn't mean that Van Horne is now an acc caliber player.

No but he isn't horrible either. He at least can give valuable minutes.

Crawford can really pass the ball. He and Collins are going to be fun to watch.

Doral has his moments too. Tries to dunk everything and his energy level has been good so far. Just needs to work on his defensive positioning. That hook is hard to defend if he perfects it.

LOL, Crawford just called Trent Van Horn a "bench player". Ha, maybe that's a much better way to refer to him.

We have other scholarship players who aren't acc-caliber players too, but we don't call them walk-ons.

Come on dude. He's a walk-on who received a scholarship for this year because we had an extra.

Great second half. Really good game by Wilbekin, Thomas, and Crawford. Solid second half from McClinton. Van Horn was a big help and did a decent job. Good contributions from Collins, Moore and even O'Brien was ok. Overall, a very good road win against a pretty good team in Bucknell. Nice win with Dinos not doing much. Bring on the Spiders.

Bc they didn't walk-on....?

I mean, you're not wrong. But people are using "walk-on" in a way intended to suggest that Van Horn should not be on the floor.

My point is that, for better or for worse, he's got a scholarship. While it certainly reflects the state of the program, it means that he's going to be part of our rotations out of necessity.

I mean, you're not wrong. But people are using "walk-on" in a way intended to suggest that Van Horn should not be on the floor.

My point is that, for better or for worse, he's got a scholarship. While it certainly reflects the state of the program, it means that he's going to be part of our rotations out of necessity.
Cmon dude. He's only playing because three other guards are not available.

Van Horn is really a walk-on for the purpose of analysis. Most programs will award the most deserving senior walk-on a scholarship if there is a loose spot for a year. But that doesn't change that he wasn't recruited to have a scholarship.

He played pretty well today though!

Manning is still killing me.n

We should be playing zone at times. Guard the perimeter and the rim and give the mid range jump shots. Especially playing smaller quicker teams with these new rules.

Also why should Obrien ever be in the game with Dino's or Collins sitting seriously.

This was a great win, and an NCAA tourney type game. This officiating is beyond ridiculous though. Let's see if they call this shit in Duke or Arkansas.

I do think Van Horn is better than Rondale (and better than Overton would have been if he were still here).

Van Horne did play fine. Not sure why O'Brien is playing though. When he was in the game in the second half, he was playing with Devin - Moore, Collins and Dinos were all on the bench. Not sure why Collins wouldn't get those minutes

Back