• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest - Clemson Game Thread

Basically they tried to run it up on us and they couldn't. He didn't say anything else about it really. He wasn't happy you could tell, but I think he was proud we didn't let them do it.

Watson was in late with the game out of reach, throwing long passes, maybe to pass the College Football Playoff committee's eye test.

Clawson wasn't happy with that.

"They tried to do it and we stopped them, so that was a win at the end," Clawson said. "Because everyone knows what was going on."

Clawson is my hero.

I really think that the team is much better. If we could have kept Kevin and Bud one more year, we might be looking at a bowl game. I was really worried that ND and Clemson would just kill us and they did not. We were very competitive. Hurt ourselves, but played some good ball. I think he is bringing Hinton along slowly to keep him healthy. Now I would be upset if he does not see major minutes next week. This is a win able game and could go along way toward improvement next year. Lets beat the Dookies

Win able indeed

Watson was in late with the game out of reach, throwing long passes, maybe to pass the College Football Playoff committee's eye test.

Clawson wasn't happy with that.

"They tried to do it and we stopped them, so that was a win at the end," Clawson said. "Because everyone knows what was going on."

Clawson is my hero.

Plus his Heisman stats

Not that it would happen, but say Sabin goes to a Texas and Dabo goes to Bama. I think Dabo would fall on his face there.

I think you would be wrong because he certainly hasn't fallen on his face at Clemson, has coached his ass off, put family first and had Clemson always in the Top of our league and the national rankings. His priorities are right and he can coach.

I have zero problem with them trying to run up the score. The CFB playoff committee values style points, and Clemson is playing for something way bigger than their game against us. I just wish we were in a position to run the score up on anyone.

As much as I respect Wolford and the effort he gives, not to mention the punishment he takes, Hinton gives us the best chance at winning. John is simply too slow, especially with our poor line play. I think if we could give him time he might do some remarkable things. But as things are Hinton can create more with his quickness. I hope he gets a lot of playing time vs Duke.

Dalvin is still more of a candidate than Watson.

Didn't say he was or wasn't but Watson is in the running as he is the top QB in our league and the QB on the top team in the country. One month ago the Heisman was a forgone conclusion to Fournette at LSU, now he might not even make the stage at the presentation. There are 2 very big weeks left and many candidates are still emerging like the Sooner QB Mayfield, Reynolds at Navy, Henry at Bama just to name a few.

I have zero problem with them trying to run up the score. The CFB playoff committee values style points, and Clemson is playing for something way bigger than their game against us. I just wish we were in a position to run the score up on anyone.

If they were trying to run up the score, their lack of success might actually hurt them in the eyes of the committee.

They win out they're in. They don't really need any style points. They're undefeated. It's not like they are borderline being in.

I think you would be wrong because he certainly hasn't fallen on his face at Clemson, has coached his ass off, put family first and had Clemson always in the Top of our league and the national rankings. His priorities are right and he can coach.

Doesn't he have the highest paid assistants in the nation? He motivates and recruits but I think he is a " me too" guy on the headsets. Much like Bowden before he got really old.

As much as I respect Wolford and the effort he gives, not to mention the punishment he takes, Hinton gives us the best chance at winning. John is simply too slow, especially with our poor line play. I think if we could give him time he might do some remarkable things. But as things are Hinton can create more with his quickness. I hope he gets a lot of playing time vs Duke.

Agree.

They win out they're in. They don't really need any style points. They're undefeated. It's not like they are borderline being in.

Disagree. Style points are critical for seeding and absolutely no one wants to play Alabama in the first round. #1 gets the #4.

It was just Clemson playing big-boy football. I have no issue with whatever eye-tests or stats they were attempting to pad.

Or maybe he is just mediocre.

But at some point he has got to move the offense and put points on the board, and he just ain't doing that this year.

Disagree. Style points are critical for seeding and absolutely no one wants to play Alabama in the first round. #1 gets the #4.

It was just Clemson playing big-boy football. I have no issue with whatever eye-tests or stats they were attempting to pad.
They don't lose they stay #1. It's that simple. Even the best teams take their foot off the gas when it's over.

Back