• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Demon Deacons - 2022-23 hoops season

Jao not seeing the floor and Daivien being injured/non-factor squashed any chance of us being better.

Also thought one of Bradford/Marsh would be better at this point in the season. Big gap from Sy and Walton.

Sy and Walton were great. They were also both 6th year guys, I think, which is kinda crazy to think about.

I still wish we had seen more from our fives to this point, though.

Sy and Walton were great. They were also both 6th year guys, I think, which is kinda crazy to think about.

I still wish we had seen more from our fives to this point, though.

Walton had redshirted one year, played four, and had one more year of eligibility due to Covid-19

Yeah I knew that, just that we were fortunate to have two fully grown adults in the front court there.

I think Walton even redshirted twice, once before his freshman year, then after his injury.

"We even paid a kid to redshirt and transfer" is not a bad selling point in this new world order.

I don’t think so with McCray. He could’ve transferred in November and been playing somewhere else by now. He also tweets stuff from RTQ so if we’re paying him to redshirt and then leave then that’s fucking stupid.

Yeah, agree. I was pretty sure he was leaving. But if he was, he would have most likely transfererred after the fall semester.

Has Taylor been traveling with the team? I saw something from Jake (formerly Blogger So Dear) mentioning he wasn’t at the state or Duke games. Kind of big ones to miss. Also the ND game would have been a nice one to throw some end of game minutes to a few people who have been working hard in practice. Buy the box score (as usual) was just 8 people.

Has Taylor been traveling with the team? I saw something from Jake (formerly Blogger So Dear) mentioning he wasn’t at the state or Duke games. Kind of big ones to miss. Also the ND game would have been a nice one to throw some end of game minutes to a few people who have been working hard in practice. Buy the box score (as usual) was just 8 people.

I assume with margin of victory pushing these dumb metrics, third team guys may never get PT.

While Appleby's 3pt shooting has cooled dramatically (now shooting 37.5% on the season; 33.3% in the ACC), Klintman is now up to 38.9% from 3 on the season (11-18 - 61.1% in the ACC).

Low volume for Klintman, but that's his role on this team. Bodes well for next year, when he's going to have to pick up his scoring.

Seems more comfortable around the basket, as well. I still get #nervous when I see him handling the ball on the perimeter, as he looks unsure of himself out there.

While Appleby's 3pt shooting has cooled dramatically (now shooting 37.5% on the season; 33.3% in the ACC), Klintman is now up to 38.9% from 3 on the season (11-18 - 61.1% in the ACC).

Low volume for Klintman, but that's his role on this team. Bodes well for next year, when he's going to have to pick up his scoring.

Seems more comfortable around the basket, as well. I still get #nervous when I see him handling the ball on the perimeter, as he looks unsure of himself out there.
It seems like Appleby is usually the guy that ends up taking a tough 3 at the end of the shot clock - I think this brings down his %.

The nice thing with Bobi too is that he clearly has a smooth stroke from 3 so even though it’s a small sample size so far I feel confident that he will be a good shooter in the future. This off-season will be huge for him.

Yeah he's quickly becoming one of, if not THE, best shooters in Wake history based on volume and accuracy.

Last year’s UNC game at home was the Monsanto coming out party. We need a big one tomorrow 🔥

he is the best 3-point shooter in Wake history. if he comes back next year and WF can actually win some tournament games, he will easily be top 3, maybe higher, in # of 3's made at WF.

Monsanto adding the occasional dribble drive to his repertoire has helped improve the quality of his threes. The two dribble drive step back gets him a little more room to get a clean look. And a little space and time is all he needs. Man is his release quick.

Since New Year's, WF has played 10 ACC games - 4 at home and 6 on the road. Damari has shot 41-91 (45%) from deep in those games. 40% on the road, 53% at home.

Back