• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Demon Deacons - 2022-23 hoops season

Has Taylor been traveling with the team? I saw something from Jake (formerly Blogger So Dear) mentioning he wasn’t at the state or Duke games. Kind of big ones to miss. Also the ND game would have been a nice one to throw some end of game minutes to a few people who have been working hard in practice. Buy the box score (as usual) was just 8 people.
Taylor's been away from the team dealing with a "personal issue." Forbes mentioned it after the State game, I think, but that's all we've gotten about it.

Looked to me like Monsanto simplified his moves against tight defense - fewer dribbles, not as much of that between-the-legs, spin move stuff. Just a jab step dribble, then step back and shoot it. Considering how often Forbes talks about cutting out the extra junk I'm sure they've been working on it.

When he's up against a defender his size or smaller that's all he needs. Hope that last game keeps building his confidence and focus - the whole team works so much better when he's hitting shots and opening up the court for them.

Monsanto also needs to keep doing a few legitimate dribble drives every game. Just enough to keep defenders thinking and a little hesitant.

I didn't see it mentioned here yet, but is Jim Boeheim off his rocker and senile? How did he lump in Wake Forest and Pittsburgh's NIL spending with Miami's? He's absolutely batshit crazy.

The nice thing with Bobi too is that he clearly has a smooth stroke from 3 so even though it’s a small sample size so far I feel confident that he will be a good shooter in the future. This off-season will be huge for him.
Forbes has stated several times that it takes awhile for all freshmen to develop. We are seeing this every game with Klintman. There are many examples of this from basketball history but my favorite is Earl "The Pearl" Monroe.
Big House Gaines used Earl sparingly as a frosh and Earl averaged only 7 points. Then, as a senior, Earl averaged 41.5 points and led his team to a national championship. Hopefully, Klintman's career will be similar to Earl's trajectory.

Forbes has stated several times that it takes awhile for all freshmen to develop. We are seeing this every game with Klintman. There are many examples of this from basketball history but my favorite is Earl "The Pearl" Monroe.
Big House Gaines used Earl sparingly as a frosh and Earl averaged only 7 points. Then, as a senior, Earl averaged 41.5 points and led his team to a national championship. Hopefully, Klintman's career will be similar to Earl's trajectory.
Taller guys frequently take longer to develop. Having Bobi playable for the last quarter of the season would be a great addition to the team.

Received an email from Wake asking me to purchase ACC Tournament tickets with a link to purchase for the entire tournament. I assume this went to all season ticket holders. Have no idea.

NEVER in my lifetime did I foresee tickets being available for the ACCT in GSO. I remember in the 70's it was about like trying to get a ticket to the Master's final round. Maybe even worse.

#smh

Li'l donnie 5k got you on the top secret ticket order listserve ! !

Got my tickets for both sessions on day 2. The potential to see all the NC teams for $55 was too good of a deal to pass up. Now whether to get a cheap seat for the Tuesdays games.

Got my tickets for both sessions on day 2. The potential to see all the NC teams for $55 was too good of a deal to pass up. Now whether to get a cheap seat for the Tuesdays games.
I can make it on Thursday. Debating if I want to bank on us being there.

Back