• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

As I have said all along, Clawson needs to allow his receivers to learn multiple positions.

Bachman would be great in the slot next year backing up Dortch or playing with Dortch (along with his Z position).

I don't see all this as that big a deal. Hines says he can't beat out Dortch. Surrat would sit the other two. Lewis has a shitty attitude. Outside of tight end, we are going to start the season better at receiver than where we were at the end of last season.

Well it's not a big deal except that after Dortch got injured Hines had 35 rec for 433 yards and 6 TDs in 5 games. He was tied with Dortch as our leading receiver.

We were hoping Clawson could figure out how to use 2 slots at the same time.

I don't see all this as that big a deal. Hines says he can't beat out Dortch. Surrat would sit the other two. Lewis has a shitty attitude. Outside of tight end, we are going to start the season better at receiver than where we were at the end of last season.

He should stay and get his degree from wfu. I get that he wants to be the lead dog but wished he had the maturity and attitude to see he will get plenty of balls thrown his way next year. Or maybe he knows hinton cant throw a quick slant.

This is a huge hit to our depth at the position. I’d argue Hines was our second best WR. If dortch goes down, there will be a huge void in our offense. We were fortunate this past year to have Hines fill the dortch void during the final 6 games. Good luck to Hines wherever he goes.

Tabari Hines.
This is a trick play but guaranteed to work.
Hines gets the ball on an orbit. The defense collapses to catch him. Meanwhile, Dortch is streaking down the field wide open. Hines heaves it as far as he can. Dortch grabs it for a Slot-to-Slot TD.
Simple.

So much for my trick play.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Beal get a few snaps at slot next year

Agreed. The Hawaii guy seems like a suitable back up but definitely not as dynamic as Hines.

Either way, I have a feeling we’re going to rely more heavily on the run game next year with Hinton behind center. Beal could be a game changer out of the back field.

No t according to ph

Joey Ray, a RB/Slot receiver from East Surry, committed to WF today. I believe he will be a preferred walk on. He was recruited by mostly Ivy League schools but is very quick and had some big numbers in his high school career (4,400 rushing yards and 61 TDs).

Seems odd

Dont know anything about surry. Probably some insurance for dortch leaving after junior year. We did sign a slot this year - manning. He was a greyshirt but may now enroll on time i suspect. This guy must have some wheels regardless of competition level

He could be worried that he will sit again as long as Dortch is healthy since the Coaches don't seem to like to rotate the recievers that much. I see no reason Hines shouldn't have been seeing more playing time before Dortch went down. I'm sure the kid just wants the best opportunity to play, that's what competitors want. I hate to see him go but wish him the best.

I felt that Clawson was going with the hot hand. Dortch was on fire and DC just wanted him on the field. Maybe he should have given Hines more touches, but he wanted to see what Dortch could do. I understand wanting to start, but Hines was ready to go when called upon and I guess felt he had earned the starting assignment and was probably told that the job was Dortch's to lose and didn't want to compete and risk being a back up. Have to wait and see where he lands and how next year goes to see if he was realistic or selfish. If I were him I would go to JMU

WhyNotBoth.gif

This is a huge hit to our depth at the position. I’d argue Hines was our second best WR. If dortch goes down, there will be a huge void in our offense. We were fortunate this past year to have Hines fill the dortch void during the final 6 games. Good luck to Hines wherever he goes.

Scotty Washington is fast tracking

As I have said all along, Clawson needs to allow his receivers to learn multiple positions.

Bachman would be great in the slot next year backing up Dortch or playing with Dortch (along with his Z position).

Too slow. No way.

I felt that Clawson was going with the hot hand. Dortch was on fire and DC just wanted him on the field. Maybe he should have given Hines more touches, but he wanted to see what Dortch could do. I understand wanting to start, but Hines was ready to go when called upon and I guess felt he had earned the starting assignment and was probably told that the job was Dortch's to lose and didn't want to compete and risk being a back up. Have to wait and see where he lands and how next year goes to see if he was realistic or selfish. If I were him I would go to JMU

There is no "job to lose" come spring ball. You go fight for your shit. Hines conceded. End of story.

Back