• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

I don’t think either of them were recruited as slots. I think they’re 6’5 and 6’4, respectively.

This sucks, but I'll say this. If you told me two years ago that Cortez Lewis and Tabari Hines were not finishing their eligibility at Wake, I would have thought the program would be in as bad of shape as the basketball program is.

This sucks, but I'll say this. If you told me two years ago that Cortez Lewis and Tabari Hines were not finishing their eligibility at Wake, I would have thought the program would be in as bad of shape as the basketball program is.

Agree. Would’ve never thought we’d have so much talent at their positions that they got played out. We’re in really good hands with clawson.

Joey Ray, a RB/Slot receiver from East Surry, committed to WF today. I believe he will be a preferred walk on. He was recruited by mostly Ivy League schools but is very quick and had some big numbers in his high school career (4,400 rushing yards and 61 TDs).

Also, don’t know where else to put this but I strongly believe Clark Lea is going to end up being one of the best coaches in country at some point. Random thought for the day.

Tabari could start at a lot of FBS programs. Large majority, probably.

I guess. But would he be guaranteed?

He’d be better off redshirting and waiting for Dortch to go pro after a big year.

Wow. What a disappointing surprise.
I figured that both Dortch and Hines would see plenty of action next year and this 'dynamic duo' would be one of the best receiving duos in the country.
Like others said, this doesn't make sense.

Man...Wade, Hines, and Lewis all gone from the receiving corps.

Bachman gonna be an important piece next year.

Don't know what to think about a talented player who basically says he is not good enough to beat out his competition. He is naming Dortch the starter...not Clawson. Personally I think Hines could have given Dortch a run for his money.

Don't know what to think about a talented player who basically says he is not good enough to beat out his competition. He is naming Dortch the starter...not Clawson. Personally I think Hines could have given Dortch a run for his money.

Somewhat a lack of competitive mentality?
Don't know what else to think.

Hines already forced Clawson to use two slots.

I don’t think we have a single player on offense who caught a pass in 2015. Colburn didn’t have a reception.

Always be thankful to Hines for that NC State victory. Had a great game. Dortch like.

Bachman is the Wilbekin of the football team. He was an important piece last year as well. But yes, he will be our most experienced receiver we have, correct?

Thank you, Tabari, for being ready to go when we really needed you. Good Luck in grad school.

This is definitely a downer. But there are always behind the scenes issues that ordinary fans cannot see. Hines has tremendous hands and will make some team very happy.

Back