• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Spot on about Davis. He'll be part of the versatility Clawson wants, and that was basically absent last year. He'll be in the slot, at safety, etc.

I think that linebacker scenario is still on the table, but I came out of spring thinking DJ Taylor played well enough to earn that spot. He's probably got to build on that in August, though.

I'm probably mixing up Redd and Grate. I put Redd there because he had a decent spring. But I think you're right, Redd being a safety and Grate being a corner.

Nasir Greer would be on the 2-deep if Luke Masterson hadn't had a great spring. He made standout plays in every scrimmage and in the spring game.

Clawson told me that Redd is "not there yet" speaking of the injury. I would be very surprised to see him at a Cornerback spot.

Washington is the perfect compliment to Dortch. WF's receivers create big time match-up problems. Think that Washington will play in the NFL.

He certainly has prototypical size at 6-5/225. He’s got that Panthers WR size that would work with DJ Moore. #ihopemyteamdraftshimin2020

DeVonte Gordan is on the roster. We lost only one walk-on from last years squad.

Was there a risk he wouldn't be?

Looks like freshman received their numbers as well as some number changes. But the weights do not look updated.

Completely forgot Bachman didn't redshirt. We should be fine at WR but I didn't realize this was his last season.

Looks like freshman received their numbers as well as some number changes. But the weights do not look updated.

They will probably wait until official summer camp to update measurements.

Gotcha. I forgot about that. Thanks.

I had thought he was going to greyshirt to give him more time to recover from his injury. But I guess a slot opened up for him to come on down

Good news if he can join everyone now and start working out.
OLs take time to develop, so starting now is a good thing.

Newman +5 to 240 !!

Basham -5 to 265

Allen +20 to 255

Bowers -20 to 200

We have a walk-on RB listed at 5'7" 240 !

Newman +5 to 240 !!

Basham -5 to 265

Allen +20 to 255

Bowers -20 to 200

The next "human bowling ball" following Charlie Tolar and Don Nottingham.

Newman +5 to 240 !!

Basham -5 to 265

Allen +20 to 255

Bowers -20 to 200

Great news especially about Allen.
At 6' 5", he was skinny at 235.
I'm sure he could add some more weight and strength without slowing him down.

Sage Surratt's bio is rather impressive!

Still wish he could play basketball and football.

All depth charts are subject to change come August. Skinner was a third stringer weeks before the Syracuse game, and the rest is history. Anyway, the cream will rise to the top, and CLAW will start the best of them. 65 days til NOLA!

To your point about Clawson playing best performers, Skinner looked to me to be the best QB in the final scrimmage before start of season but Grobe understandably played the highly recruited QB from Ohio who suffered the terrible injury in the second game. Skinner had a great mentality and skill set at QB. Three inches taller and Skinner would still be playing today, on Sundays, if he wanted. But if a frog had wings . . .

To your point about Clawson playing best performers, Skinner looked to me to be the best QB in the final scrimmage before start of season but Grobe understandably played the highly recruited QB from Ohio who suffered the terrible injury in the second game. Skinner had a great mentality and skill set at QB. Three inches taller and Skinner would still be playing today, on Sundays, if he wanted. But if a frog had wings . . .

Not trying to be an ass, but since 2006 was magical I couldn't let it pass that Mauk got hurt in game 1, not 2, against Syracuse.

Not trying to be an ass, but since 2006 was magical I couldn't let it pass that Mauk got hurt in game 1, not 2, against Syracuse.

That’s actually my recall as well without checking stat records but I keep seeing posters reference it in second game. Thanks.

Not trying to overlook Tulane (or Towson) BUT the 2018 Team and coaches will have to play and coach a really good game against BC to win that one. BC looks to be pretty dang good.

Back