• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

just looked at our schedule again. While I'm pleased we avoid the Saturday after Thanksgiving game, 5 homers in a row and only 2 after October 6 is not ideal for those of us who enjoy fall Saturdays at MSD. Those early September games are brutal for those who sit on the East side; was hoping for an evening kick for Towson vs. high noon.

Agree. The Towson starting time is ridiculous. I’ll be skipping that game. Hopefully, most of the others will be at night.

just looked at our schedule again. While I'm pleased we avoid the Saturday after Thanksgiving game, 5 homers in a row and only 2 after October 6 is not ideal for those of us who enjoy fall Saturdays at MSD. Those early September games are brutal for those who sit on the East side; was hoping for an evening kick for Towson vs. high noon.

When you are expecting your first child to be born on 9/22, this schedule really sucks. Thanks, Ron.

When you are expecting your first child to be born on 9/22, this schedule really sucks. Thanks, Ron.

Yeah really. This wouldn't be a problem if the basketball was better 9 months before that.

5 straight home dates will test everyone's tailgating mettle.

Our group is moving to the West side for the first time, which means there will be a bevy of Noon games.

Anyone know whats going on with Cortez Lewis? I saw he was in New England, rehabbing/training, but is he planning on being a grad transfer somewhere? Gotta say, I thought he would be huge at Wake, tons of potential and a monster freshmen season.

Cortez Lewis announced that he is transferring and looking to play his final season as a graduate student transfer at another school. No decision on what school he is going to yet.

Matt Colburn named to Doak Walker Award watch list. There's like 60 people on it, but still cool to get some recognition.

When is the last time we had someone on the Doak Walker watch list?

Anyone know whats going on with Cortez Lewis? I saw he was in New England, rehabbing/training, but is he planning on being a grad transfer somewhere? Gotta say, I thought he would be huge at Wake, tons of potential and a monster freshmen season.

That group of WRs - Lewis, Hines, Claude - never really became what I hoped it would. Hines had a good year last year and stepped up when Dortch went out. But the group we have this season could be really special. Surrat is going to be a beast when he can get some PT.

The "one of the best athletes on the team" is great and surprising. I thought one of his question marks was his athleticism considering he put up monster numbers at Lincolnton.

He was one of the best athletes in the state in HS. Not surprising he’s one of the best athletes on the team.

He was one of the best athletes in the state in HS. Not surprising he’s one of the best athletes on the team.

Thought I remembered reading on the recruiting thread that he was lacking big time offers because elevators chalked it up to putting up huge numbers at a small school but lacked big time athleticism.

Agreed, I remember watching his hoops mix tape and thinking he didn’t seem to be very explosive.

Back