• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

The BC game will set the tone for the season for both teams. Kind of weird that the road team has won the last 4 games in the series, including WF's 3-0 win at BC in 2015 -- one of the ugliest college football games ever played.

Scotty Washington is my nominee for opposing defenses nightmare. He will have a significant height and reach advantage over anyone trying to cover him. Last season showed he can catch pretty well. He could become the "comfort receiver" for this season's QB, the way Cam was for Wolford. By that I mean he will be the guy who reliably can get 5 to 10 yards almost anytime. Dortch as a constant "homerun" threat will make him that much more effective.

Which is more tolerable to a defense? Give up 7 yards or give up 7 points?

Yeah. I’m not that worried about losing Cam.

And Ryan Anderson is a toss up at Center between he and the kid at Clemson. Ryan has gathered several other pre-season 1st Team ACC accolades.

And Ryan Anderson is a toss up at Center between he and the kid at Clemson. Ryan has gathered several other pre-season 1st Team ACC accolades.

lectro get your ass over to the Tunnels

i need some help!

the libs see no problem with the DOJ circa 2016-2017

HALP!!!

I don't know much about evaluating offensive linemen, but I know enough that Ryan Anderson is better than the Clemson kid. Freaking Dabo said he was surprised that Falcinelli was named All-ACC last year, pretty much guaranteed that he didn't think he was deserving of that pick.

That's the only thing I'd be upset with. Still not as egregious as Essang Bassey not making the Thorpe Award watch list.

The BC game will set the tone for the season for both teams. Kind of weird that the road team has won the last 4 games in the series, including WF's 3-0 win at BC in 2015 -- one of the ugliest college football games ever played.

dave-clawson-101015-twitter-ftrjpg_288vclvdzm7j1btf0vwg5nc5n.jpg

Bassey - among CB returnees - had the most pbu’s in college ball last season.

He ran Lamar Jackson down and pushed him out of bounds and saved a touchdown. On the next play,Bassey intercepted Jackson in the end zone. Not bad against the then reigning Heisman winner..

Anderson and Bradbury are pretty clearly the best two Centers in the league. The Clemson kid getting voted there is hilarious.

Meh. It’s a crap shoot. Wouldn’t be shocked if the division had Clemson with 7 teams and everybody else between 3 and 5 wins. Lots of close games.

Clemson’s 7th team could join the legend of NC State’s 2nd team in basketball.

LOL. Good catch.

Clawson made a note at the ACC pre-season get together that somehow gets overlooked:

Wake had the *second most All-ACC players last year..only trailing Clemson.

Overlooked by his rivals because they don’t want to acknowledge it.

Yep ^

Just a random stock-taking on Offense finds that all 4 Sr Lineman (Patrick Osterhage inc.) were on the All-ACC ballots.

Wake has a RB on the Doak Walker Watch list (Colburn)

Deacs have a WR who is a Fred Biletnikoff Candidate (watch list)

Scotty Washington at WR has earned pre season mention as a 4th Team ACC WR as rising JR

Of the linemen — 3 Are Being Considered All-American Candidates as Seniors

I'm expecting a lot of qb runs vs tulane. I am thinking we end up running the ball 70-75% of the time against them. Our O-line should be able to open up big holes and wear them down by late 3rd and early 4th quarter. This statement would have seemed like lunacy a few years ago. That unit has come a LONG way.

Back