• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football 2018 Offseason Discussion

Rather over achieve than under achieve- might make our guys mad and we are good enough to do something about it. Nobody is going to look forward to playing us.

Preseason polls are worthless apart from stirring fan interest and promoting media. I hope our players don't need this for motivation.

Rather over achieve than under achieve- might make our guys mad and we are good enough to do something about it. Nobody is going to look forward to playing us.

Dortch, Ryan Anderson, and other players are all over the twitters talking about this. They feel pretty slighted and seem itching to do something about it.

Preseason polls are worthless apart from stirring fan interest and promoting media. I hope our players don't need this for motivation.

Was going to say the same thing. Preseason polls don't mean a thing. It's post season polls that are important.
In the meantime, this is good bulletin board material. I'm sure our guys that have been busting their butts for several years to get where they are would beg to differ on these rankings, and will make their feelings known on the field.

I believe this is the exact same spot we were picked last year ... last year ahead of only BC

After Clemson, it’s a crap shoot.

Personally I’m putting Wake 4th (maybe 3rd) and sliding everyone down. Think Louisville is in for a bad season.

I feel like State and BC are getting a little more hype than they deserve. The Atlantic looks like its Clemson and 6 teams fighting for 2nd.

Can someone explain to me how Ga Tech, Duke, and UNC-Ch deserve any first place votes ? Those teams didn't even make bowls last year. I"m guessing the Duke and UNC-CH votes are just some smartass sportswriter.

Can someone explain to me how Ga Tech, Duke, and UNC-Ch deserve any first place votes ? Those teams didn't even make bowls last year. I"m guessing the Duke and UNC-CH votes are just some smartass sportswriter.

Duke bowled last year didn't they? I thought their victory in the season finale against us got them in a bowl.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not super impressed with Miami or Va Tech right now. I just think they're better than the rest of the Coastal shit show. Miami and Va Tech should look at Pitt, UNC-CH, and Virginia and expect three wins. Ga Tech and Duke should not feel the same.

Because Cutcliffe used to coach Peyton Manning and is the mastermind behind Peyton’s success.

Duke did play in a bowl last year... sort of... they routed N. Illinois in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.

The Atlantic has a ton of question marks. VT lost a TON off their defense including their best DB in last month (he was ruled academically ineligible and then declared for the supplemental draft). Miami was exposed at the end of last season: lost to Pitt and then got blown out by Clemson and Wisky. Just not sure anyone in the Atlantic Division is any good; so, even though Duke and GT were mediocre last year and UNC was awful (they did have an unreal number of injuries), any team, other than UVA, could win that division.

Duke did play in a bowl last year... sort of... they routed N. Illinois in the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit.

The Atlantic has a ton of question marks. VT lost a TON off their defense including their best DB in last month (he was ruled academically ineligible and then declared for the supplemental draft). Miami was exposed at the end of last season: lost to Pitt and then got blown out by Clemson and Wisky. Just not sure anyone in the Atlantic Division is any good; so, even though Duke and GT were mediocre last year and UNC was awful (they did have an unreal number of injuries), any team, other than UVA, could win that division.

I'll take Miami and VT and give you the field for $10.

Clawson made a note at the ACC pre-season get together that somehow gets overlooked:

Wake had the *second most All-ACC players last year..only trailing Clemson.

I'm not getting worked up about the ACC predictions. Quarterback is a question mark, and the front 7 lost some key guys. But most importantly, we're in a stacked division. I expect Clemson first and Syracuse last, but there isn't much separating everyone else. I'm not shocked we got picked behind UL and FSU. State has the best QB in the conference, BC has Dillon. I'm of the opinion that BC is the biggest game on the schedule as of right now. We win that, and we'll be in good shape to finish a lot higher than 6. Lose, and it's going to be near impossible to finish in the top half of the division.

I'm not getting worked up about the ACC predictions. Quarterback is a question mark, and the front 7 lost some key guys. But most importantly, we're in a stacked division. I expect Clemson first and Syracuse last, but there isn't much separating everyone else. I'm not shocked we got picked behind UL and FSU. State has the best QB in the conference, BC has Dillon. I'm of the opinion that BC is the biggest game on the schedule as of right now. We win that, and we'll be in good shape to finish a lot higher than 6. Lose, and it's going to be near impossible to finish in the top half of the division.

The BC game is huge. Your assessment is on target, IMO.

Back