• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Helmet History

So, are we in for some helmet logo surprise this season?

We've been set on the matte black and gold helmets with the block WF for awhile now.

I wonder if the Deacon head could work if it was like oversized and black and gold against black

maybe kinda like this

2015-3-oregon-vs-georgia-state.png
It would be interesting to see what the folks who design Oregon's unis would/could come up with for WF. There have been some epic misses, but overall they have done a great job for a school with a damn duck for a mascot

Oddly enough, I love the small strutting deacon on shirts/jerseys. I think a large strutting deacon could be good at center court, possibly even at the center of the football field (although it would set us up for some jokes if the other team was running it down our throats in that direction). But I do not like it on the helmets.

Last edited:
I noticed the flying WF's first year was 1978. Van Halen's debut album with its flying VH logo was released in early 1978. Coincidence? I think not.

I'd prefer to use the strutting Deacon as part of an Endzone Logo

Oddly enough, I love the small strutting deacon on shirts/jerseys. I think a large strutting deacon could be good at center court, possibly even at the center of the football field (although it would set us up for some jokes if the other team was running it down our throats in that direction). But I do not like it on the helmets.
I mostly agree with these takes. Great on clothing. The coaches strutting deacon apparel is some of the best I've seen. It's too skinny for the center of the basketball court or football field. But if we do WAKE FOREST on one endzone and DEACONS on the other, a strutting deacon after DEACONS would work.

I mostly agree with these takes. Great on clothing. The coaches strutting deacon apparel is some of the best I've seen. It's too skinny for the center of the basketball court or football field. But if we do WAKE FOREST on one endzone and DEACONS on the other, a strutting deacon after DEACONS would work.
exactly. And i think it could have a place somewhere on a basketball court

I don't like any of the old 1s. I like the matte black with the gold WF and the recent gold with black WF.

Back