• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football / Military Bowl Thread

Kearns airmailed the throw on the pick and fired one too hard on the slant to Washington but I thought he looked fine for a frosh QB. The ball definitely pops when he throws it unlike any other QB on the roster. Unfortunately he looks like a good bet to transfer.

Agreed. Love the way Kearns throws. A true pocket passer. The big question is will there be a competition for the starting role next year? Hinton is a very slight build QB to be able to endure the hits taken in the option-read offense we've run.

Agreed. Love the way Kearns throws. A true pocket passer. The big question is will there be a competition for the starting role next year? Hinton is a very slight build QB to be able to endure the hits taken in the option-read offense we've run.

I think/hope Newman maybe our QB of the future.

Banks and Dunn will be gone, but with Duke coming back if true and if Zeek Rodney comes back, we could be very good up front and fairly deep. Chris Stewart is good, despite his had decision before the bowl game.

I think Scotty Washington should get some props, he played pretty well today, made a really good catch in the 2nd half to flip field position and pick up a first down.

Also adding Manny Walker, Boogie Basham, Sulaiman Kamara, and maybe Mike Allen (if he doesn't redshirt, which I sort of expect him to). We will be good up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And +1 on Scotty Washington. He stepped up today in Lewis's absence. I haven't seen him make a catch in traffic before and that one was HUGE. Tabari Hines also played well today.

You've got to include Jamie Newman in the QB competition going into next year. He's got the size and athletic ability to run the read-option, matter of how well he can grasp the offense and decision making with him probably. If the coaches want to stay heavy read option it probably is a 3 man race between Hinton, Wofford and Newman. If they are open to running more of a drop back game, Kearns could figure in.

Two things:

Is Dunn gone next year? I think he is only a junior.

Also, I wonder if the coaches have given any thought to moving Kendall to another position that could lead to less hits. Maybe he could move to a flanker role and be the guy that comes in motion on the read option. Never seem to get it to that guy, but if he was there we could add that into our repotoire.

Got to give Willie Yarbary a shout--he made some big plays today as well on the defensive line.

went w my fsu buddy and he went out of his way to point out newman warming up on the sideline as "he should be our qb" when wolford got knocked out. newman might not be good but he def looks the part.

Well I missed the entire first half due to cable outage. Now that I watched us hold them off in a lame second half, it'll be awesome to watch the first half tomorrow.

went w my fsu buddy and he went out of his way to point out newman warming up on the sideline as "he should be our qb" when wolford got knocked out. newman might not be good but he def looks the part.

Newman is extremely talented

Congrats to all the seniors and thanks for finishing strong . They turned us around. Thanks too to Elko and best of luck for 11 of your 12 games next year.

Losing Elko is a big loss for the D. Let's hope his replacement can keep it going.

Wendell Dunn is back next year. Two senior defensive ends for the new DC.

Our QB's need to learn to get on the ground and stop acting like they are Carney.

This is a surprise. Alamance sticking up for Alamance.

Hope. Newman ends up being good. He has a long way to go.

Ha. That's not it at all. Newman has the size that we haven't had since Leak. He is an excellent athlete with a very good arm. And, he can run. I'm excited to see him compete for the position.

No, the point is he played to his strengths.

This from the board that was begging for Wolford to get hurt early. Instead he plays great, as does the defense, then the board is outraged when Clawson plays conservative up 2 scores even though Kearns had already thrown a pick. Then when he does call a bunch of throws the board ignores it as if Kearns is still being "held back" by play calling.

Great win all around. Double-digit underdog but we win (and was dominant for much of the game) despite having to play a half with a 3rd string QB. The nonsense spewed during 70% of this game on this board was ridiculous.

I'm with DC on this. 90% of the analysis on this board consists of "well that didn't work so it must be bad coaching."

Back