• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

There aren't many schools in the country that offer their coaches better job security then Wake Forest. Probably no other school in the power five.

Now that really pisses fans off when we're talking about basketball, but there is no denying that that stability has really benefited our other sports programs and some of the hires we've made for them.

excellent point

Over the Wellman era, we’ve kept football and basketball coaches who got offers elsewhere. Worries about losing successful coaches are largely unfounded.

Isn’t Tennessee one of the schools on Clark’s list? They just got a commitment from a 4 Star QB

Isn’t Tennessee one of the schools on Clark’s list? They just got a commitment from a 4 Star QB

If 247 is correct, it looks like ND, UNC and Clemson are the leaders for Clark. I seem to remember Tennessee being after one of our top recruits...Maybe Flowers?

Over the Wellman era, we’ve kept football and basketball coaches who got offers elsewhere. Worries about losing successful coaches are largely unfounded.

Plus offers from others indicate success. I'd love to be having this conversation about Manning right now.

Clawson has personal connections to Wake that I hope will provide a strong enough bond for a long stay here.

Plus offers from others indicate success. I'd love to be having this conversation about Manning right now.

Just an FYI, Manning is currently being sought as a head coach from a school that wants him badly. Forsyth Country Day is itching to get him for their JV team, the girls that is

Apparently wake is in a good spot with a DE from SC, Shamar McCollom. He’s a four star on rivals.

6’4. 200 lbs. Class of 2019.

#18 WDE on Rivals. In the country. He must be damn good at 192 lbs.

My source tells me Mccollum was at the cookout a couple weeks ago with Groulx, Greene and most of the 19 class.

Apparently wake is in a good spot with a DE from SC, Shamar McCollom. He’s a four star on rivals.

Liked his edge rushing in his Hudl video. Would be nice to add him as a pass rusher and LB Kevon Glenn who looked like a sideline to sideline run stopper in his Hudl tape.

Who'd have thought the day would ever come where the Wake football team would have more 4 stars than the basketball team

He must be extremely quick/fast.
Offers from Arkansas, Duke, UNC, Oregon
Sounds like he could be a great OLB.

Reminds me of a Micah Parsons-type. Undersized DE that can get to the QB. Think he was moved to LB this spring at Penn state.

Back