• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Can't think of many Jersey kids that have played football at Wake. Jyles Tucker is the only one that comes to mind.
Bill Armstrong and maybe Jay Venuto. If this kid hits half as hard as Bill, then we have a winner.
Pretty sure my old boss from the law school Ed Raliski, played football for Wake in the 1960s, was from New Jersey

The in-state competition in NJ is a lot less than in FL. One (weak) P5 program. Fl has three high level P5 programs plus multiple G5 programs that are up and coming.

This reasoning, plus the face that we have Dave Cohen, is why Georgia has been sooooo damned good to us lately.

All right - we're done with the NJ disucssion. Unless another NJ kid commits to Wake.

247 says we offered.

My bad, I should have been more clear, I was talking about Wake not having offered Tony Davis, the Duke decommit, and then switched to Strange. Because ya know, who doesn't like some Strange.

Interestingly enough, the title Baron Strange is in the Peerage of England, however the current Baron Strange is Adam Drummond, the 17th Baron.

My bad, I should have been more clear, I was talking about Wake not having offered Tony Davis, the Duke decommit, and then switched to Strange. Because ya know, who doesn't like some Strange.

Interestingly enough, the title Baron Strange is in the Peerage of England, however the current Baron Strange is Adam Drummond, the 17th Baron.

His Peers call him Bulldog.

Kelijiha Brown is no longer with the team, per CONneill.

Cites personal reasons, wanting to be closer to home.

Good grief - did he even give it a month?

Edit: See that he was actually an early enrollee - so I guess he's had half a year to get homesick.

Last edited:

Well, maybe we can add a DT to the 2019 class.
We're on roll recruiting. I'm sure we have a few options.

Iowa had a DB leave to be a grad transfer somewhere. No destination announced. Because of the timing, he might have been finishing his degree in summer school.

He's from S. Carolina, how much closer does he need to be?

"Wake Forest showed a lot of interest," said the 6-foot-3, 305-pound Brown. "They were very loyal and loyalty means a lot to me. They also make me feel at home every time I'm on campus."

The coaching staff played a big part in his decision.

"I've got a great relationship with all the coaches, but I'd say I'm closest with (defensive line) coach (Dave) Cohen," Brown said. "We talk about a lot of things -- and not just football. We talk about life and school. I also like his intensity."

In this instance, it appears loyalty may be a one way street

Well remember the punter from Alabama who quit over Christmas of the Orange Bowl season because he missed his girlfriend?
No telling what is going through his mind

Back