• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Greene's SPARQ numbers are 96.69

6'2" 183 lbs
40 - 4.70
5-10-5 shuttle - 4.20
Veritcal - 34.7"
Power Ball - 35

Anything near 100 is a very good (high D1) athlete, but at 4.70, he is not a guy who is going to regularly blow past DBs deep.

He is what, 17 or 18 years old? Between physical maturation, a college conditioning program, and focusing on one sport, he will be "faster." Judging off past numbers of a 17 year old from a combine that uses laser timing and saying he won't get faster is interesting. I also think many people underestimate how fast a laser-timed 4.7 is.

He is what, 17 or 18 years old? Between physical maturation, a college conditioning program, and focusing on one sport, he will be "faster." Judging off past numbers of a 17 year old from a combine that uses laser timing and saying he won't get faster is interesting. I also think many people underestimate how fast a laser-timed 4.7 is.

I've always heard that laser timed usually adds around .2 seconds to a hand timed 40.

I've always heard that laser timed usually adds around .2 seconds to a hand timed 40.

agreed with most of the last 2 posts, but a laser 4.70 is very relevant to all of the other laser timed 40s by 16 and 17 year old recruits. All I'm saying is 4.70 is not a take-the-top off the D player. That doesn't mean he can't be or won't be a great WR. He is will be more of a 50/50 ball, wide-catch radius receiver.

Greene's SPARQ numbers are 96.69

6'2" 183 lbs
40 - 4.70
5-10-5 shuttle - 4.20
Veritcal - 34.7"
Power Ball - 35

Anything near 100 is a very good (high D1) athlete, but at 4.70, he is not a guy who is going to regularly blow past DBs deep.

FWIW he advertises on his twitter that he has 4.4 speed, which is what I was going by when thinking he is a deep threat. Hope its closer to 4.4 than 4.7

agreed with most of the last 2 posts, but a laser 4.70 is very relevant to all of the other laser timed 40s by 16 and 17 year old recruits. All I'm saying is 4.70 is not a take-the-top off the D player. That doesn't mean he can't be or won't be a great WR. He is will be more of a 50/50 ball, wide-catch radius receiver.

That’s who I thought he was and that’s who we need.

FWIW he advertises on his twitter that he has 4.4 speed, which is what I was going by when thinking he is a deep threat. Hope its closer to 4.4 than 4.7

I’ve guessing most 3* or higher WR advertise having 4.4 speed.

I’ve seen Greene play 4 high school games. I’ve seen him play a few basketball games. He has very good speed and elite athleticism. He is faster than any WR currently on our roster and much faster than Washington and Surratt. He was offered by Notre Dame. He’s not Bob Hayes but he will be a deep receiving threat for us.

I’ve seen Greene play 4 high school games. I’ve seen him play a few basketball games. He has very good speed and elite athleticism. He is faster than any WR currently on our roster and much faster than Washington and Surratt. He was offered by Notre Dame. He’s not Bob Hayes but he will be a deep receiving threat for us.

That might be a stretch. I've seen him play, but comparing his 17 year old speed to Scotty or Alex is tough to do. I think he has a REALLY high upside, but I doubt he is outrunning many 22 year old ACC WR's in full pads.

Bachman is faster than a lot of you guys give him credit for, but he is a little smaller than ideal for an outside receiver. I would also bet that there aren't many guys on the team that could beat Scotty in the 100 yard dash. He might not be very quick off the line, but once he gets rolling that 6'5" stride would cover a lot of ground. I hate that we don't ever get to see him on a deep post and that he has been hurt all year.

That might be a stretch. I've seen him play, but comparing his 17 year old speed to Scotty or Alex is tough to do. I think he has a REALLY high upside, but I doubt he is outrunning many 22 year old ACC WR's in full pads.

Bachman is faster than a lot of you guys give him credit for, but he is a little smaller than ideal for an outside receiver. I would also bet that there aren't many guys on the team that could beat Scotty in the 100 yard dash. He might not be very quick off the line, but once he gets rolling that 6'5" stride would cover a lot of ground. I hate that we don't ever get to see him on a deep post and that he has been hurt all year.

For whatever reason, Surratt gets thrown a lot of sideline deep balls.

For whatever reason, Surratt gets thrown a lot of sideline deep balls.

I think it's because he is physical and beats his man off the line. Unfortunately the corner has caught him by the time the ball arrives. Against Tulane he caught slant after slant after slant. That seems to be in his wheelhouse with his ability to shield the smaller guy and catch it in traffic.

You know this from watching him play high school competition?

Yes. It’s not even close. He’s the #3 ranked recruit in NC for a reason. I’ve seen him intercept a pass in the end zone and take it 102 yards in a flash. He can fly.

Are you saying he is sneaky fast? Or faster than he looks?

Are you saying he is sneaky fast? Or faster than he looks?

Neither really. I've just seen people talk about him being super slow. I just don't think that is very accurate. I think at only 190 lbs he isn't great at beating physical corners in press coverage, but he would be good as an inside guy that can find holes in zone and he's quick out of his cuts and can lose a guy that is playing off of him. There have also been times in the past where he wasn't touched and just ran by his man for a deep ball.

Hopefully it helps instead of hurts. Sawvel sucked.

Yeah, but a new DC may insist on bringing some of his coaches along for the ride. That could lead to a mas exodus of coaches/commits. Could also mean new commits too I suppose. My guess it will be a non P5 coach so I'd probably rather keep what we've got. Just haven't seen it mentioned here.....

Neither really. I've just seen people talk about him being super slow. I just don't think that is very accurate. I think at only 190 lbs he isn't great at beating physical corners in press coverage, but he would be good as an inside guy that can find holes in zone and he's quick out of his cuts and can lose a guy that is playing off of him. There have also been times in the past where he wasn't touched and just ran by his man for a deep ball.

Yeah. He would definitely be a possession slot if we didn’t have Dortch.

Yeah, but a new DC may insist on bringing some of his coaches along for the ride. That could lead to a mas exodus of coaches/commits. Could also mean new commits too I suppose. My guess it will be a non P5 coach so I'd probably rather keep what we've got. Just haven't seen it mentioned here.....

Did ND or Texas A&M have a mass exodus of commits the last 2 years?
No. They had better defenses.

Back