• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I am guessing today, not just winning but being dominant, will create energy that will make it easier to solidify or hold on commitments.

I am guessing today, not just winning but being dominant, will create energy that will make it easier to solidify or hold on commitments.

https://www.dukebasketballreport.co...-brutalizes-duke-in-wallace-wade-acc-football

They played the second half because they had to. It’s in the rules and all. If it were boxing, the referee would have stopped it around the middle of the third quarter, when Wake made it 38-7. Or when Duke punted on fourth-and-eight from midfield Or when Wake Forest made it 45-7; or 52-7; or 59-7. Just make it stop.

I can’t really tell you when the crowd started to thin out. It was never more than thin to begin with.

Last edited:
Their blog is specifically called the “duke basketball report”? Why bother covering other sports? Your readers don’t care.

DBR has been around a very long time.

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/a...cle_f1f07027-32e3-5e75-8319-3ec355018676.html

Hardin seems to say part of the reason for the Hat’s downfall was the failure to secure recruits from NC. I’d say some of that is also the fault of a corrupt program under his predecessor Butch Davis which turned off NC players and families, and the fault of the entire school which was engaged in academic corruption primarily benefitting athletes.
But media always focuses on the most recent events as the controlling ones yet there is much more to this debacle than just the Hat.

Only 4 of UNC's current commits are from NC, with their top two recruits being a safety and a running back. The OLB is the only UNC commit who has a Wake offer. I don't see many opportunities for poaching. Also, a quick hire allows the new staff to connect with the current recruits.

https://www.greensboro.com/sports/a...cle_f1f07027-32e3-5e75-8319-3ec355018676.html

Hardin seems to say part of the reason for the Hat’s downfall was the failure to secure recruits from NC. I’d say some of that is also the fault of a corrupt program under his predecessor Butch Davis which turned off NC players and families, and the fault of the entire school which was engaged in academic corruption primarily benefitting athletes.
But media always focuses on the most recent events as the controlling ones yet there is much more to this debacle than just the Hat.

Fedora didn't secure recruits in NC because coaches, recruits, and recruits' parents thought Fedora was an arrogant asshole.

With the greatly expanded number of bowl bids now, the minimum standard of success is a bowl game invitation.
Regardless, WF’s success in November 2018 really has solidified the upward trajectory of the program for at least the next couple of years. Talented high school OLmen and DLmen should seriously consider WF to maximize their playing time opportunities at a school with plenty of talent at the skill positions.
Exhibit A: Mike Allen. One day he will be a high NFL draft pick because he is playing at WF, not riding the pine. But riding the pine and playing behind everyone else at an Auburn or a Miami would have gotten him very little PT to show his talent to scouts.

That's silliness. Underclassmen on both lines get plenty of playing time at the big football factories, either through rotation or injury.

Allen was the #169 player in the country and had 30 offers. He was going to get playing time early wherever he went.

Do you think the current starting Clemson defensive line that's going too be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft wishes they had gone to a school where they might have gotten more snaps as a R-FR ? What about the 4-star and 5-star guys who are going to start behind them next year ?

Now, I agree with you completely when it comes to 3-stars and guys who are still growing into their bodies.

That's silliness. Underclassmen on both lines get plenty of playing time at the big football factories, either through rotation or injury.

Allen was the #169 player in the country and had 30 offers. He was going to get playing time early wherever he went.

Do you think the current starting Clemson defensive line that's going too be drafted in the first round of the NFL draft wishes they had gone to a school where they might have gotten more snaps as a R-FR ? What about the 4-star and 5-star guys who are going to start behind them next year ?

Now, I agree with you completely when it comes to 3-stars and guys who are still growing into their bodies.

Would 3 star linemen have ever really played much in the established Top 25 to 11 type schools? Yeah, the rebuttal is that they never would have been offered. But some are.

Guys in the middle between high side 3 stars and low side 4 stars certainly end up at places I'm describing. Do they ever really start?

Main point I make is that WF is a great choice for linemen because you're going to play ball if you love the game and work hard. I'm unconvinced that happens at the Top tier programs for all linemen recruited. Mike Allen chose WF for a lot of reasons and certainly the certainty of earlyPT was one of them.

Early football signing period:

December 19-21.

I'm guessing Clawson would rather be working the phones and texts securing commits leading up to it rather than in Florida preparing to play on national TV.

I'm guessing Clawson would rather be working the phones and texts securing commits leading up to it rather than in Florida preparing to play on national TV.

Good point. Really poor scheduling to put the signing period during the same time when teams are playing bowls.

What if recruits who weren’t considering UNC because of Fedora change their minds when Mack Brown is hired? You better bet he will be on the phone to a lot of recruits right away.

What if recruits who weren’t considering UNC because of Fedora change their minds when Mack Brown is hired? You better bet he will be on the phone to a lot of recruits right away.

Yes, but we don’t have anything to worry about. Will Smart is the only one I’m concerned with but I think we’ll end up with his signature. All our big name recruits are all in with Clawson. NC State is the one team that will be sweating bullets as they have been dominating Fedora in recruiting the last couple years

Yes, but we don’t have anything to worry about. Will Smart is the only one I’m concerned with but I think we’ll end up with his signature. All our big name recruits are all in with Clawson. NC State is the one team that will be sweating bullets as they have been dominating Fedora in recruiting the last couple years

No sweating over here. Just laughing.

Back