• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

247 has McKinney with a South Carolina offer though I’m not sure how legit that was.

McKinney had big numbers against 1A competition. We flipped him from ASU very late. He has good speed. Delaney was a defensive recruit but he also had big numbers at RB in rural Tennessee. Delaney has looked good in spot action this year. He made a great run for a first down on our last TD drive vs Duke.

I assume he’s talking about Bates even though I think we may have gotten another since them.

McKinney had big numbers against 1A competition. We flipped him from ASU very late. He has good speed. Delaney was a defensive recruit but he also had big numbers at RB in rural Tennessee. Delaney has looked good in spot action this year. He made a great run for a first down on our last TD drive vs Duke.

Delaney has goood upside. I like how he really keeps his feet moving at all times almost as if on a swivel.

What i find hard to judge in a RB for us, is that quick burst up to speed from a standing start after they do the QB dance step waiting for the ball or once they stop riding the pile linemen in front of them. There are no running starts with our offense. I am sure it takes some time to learn the patience and our staff seems to know what to look for in a recruit. I also think RB recruits should like us as we have good run/pass balance and they will get their number called.

I’m not questioning anything about our run game or the running backs we recruit.

Any offense that has backs go for 200+ yards in a game with multiple runs of double digit yards, you should attract the attention of good HS running backs.

Kind of weird to see opposing coaches take a picture with each other during a recruiting trip. Guess they’re friends though.

Kind of weird to see opposing coaches take a picture with each other during a recruiting trip. Guess they’re friends though.

If that is what the HS coach and/or the recruits they went to see wanted, then that is what you do as the recruiter.

If that is what the HS coach and/or the recruits they went to see wanted, then that is what you do as the recruiter.

Good point. That’s the HS team twitter.

I'm sure these guys know each other and run into each other frequently during their travels.
Kinda reminds me of the scene in The Blind Side when about 8 famous college coaches all showed up to see Big Mike at practice one day.

This is especially true now as we are in a "contact period" and all the coaches are out at the high schools. In about two weeks, its a quiet then a dead period for a while. They are all out on the road now even in places like Tarboro, NC. You find all pro RB's and PhD's there. Go figure.

UNC has lost a commit from an OLB from Georgia who we had offered- Allen Smith.

Back