• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Who are some of the different evaluators? Obviously each person can't see everyone at the same time. I'm sure one guy may see a guy make some great plays and another guy sees the guy not make good plays and they write up accordingly.

National/regional scouts from the recruiting sites plus first hand info from a guy I know down there coaching and another guy who coaches who has a player there and is hanging around. Just interesting to hear such different opinions on basically the same info.

National/regional scouts from the recruiting sites plus first hand info from a guy I know down there coaching and another guy who coaches who has a player there and is hanging around. Just interesting to hear such different opinions on basically the same info.

Thanks. Let me be a little clearer.

Links?

An extreme example of that is a guy some years ago who Wake recruited as a good sized safety. 6-3, 205. He left Wake as a 6-4, 305 DT and played in the NFL.

why would you make this post without mentioning the name of the referenced player

Thanks. Let me be a little clearer.

Links?

There are no links ... the couple guys who he spoke to didn’t publish anything but provided interesting analysis.

True that different folks can evaluate differently and no different than here where our impressions of Hartman and Newman have been all over the place and change on a weekly basis.

Anyway great information from both the guy publishing the daily report and the other two excellent first-hand sources appreciated greatly.

Sidd finch came in as a 2way player. 6'3" and 205. He grew to 6'6" and put on 125lbs. Also played baseball as I recall.

Tony Mayberry hit campus at 6'4" and maybe 215lbs. Eventually got up to 280-290, very large back-in-the-day, 3 # pro bowls and great NFL career. Kids grow and mature and today's weight training and nutrition programs make it an art to assess and develop 17-18 year olds.

Bobby Boucher came in as a Waterboy for the Muddogs only to leave as an AP All-American and helped to lead them to a victory in the Bourbon Bowl.

There are no links ... the couple guys who he spoke to didn’t publish anything but provided interesting analysis.

True that different folks can evaluate differently and no different than here where our impressions of Hartman and Newman have been all over the place and change on a weekly basis.

Anyway great information from both the guy publishing the daily report and the other two excellent first-hand sources appreciated greatly.

I see you've regained internet access, and hopefully housing, after losing the mortgage betting on State to cover a 19 point spread against OUR DEACS. Everyone agrees that was a terrible move.

Hudson is listed as DE but was recruited as a LB. I also wouldn't be shocked for Smart to bulk up and move inside to DT.

The 4 DEs I'm counting are McCollum, Chaney, Smart, and Williams. Agreed Hudson should stay at LB and one of the DEs could move inside.

Oops, deaconbd wrong again.

https://247sports.com/Article/Shrin...Smith-Joshua-Harris-Top-Performers-126236455/

https://247sports.com/Article/Camer...ell-Zacch-Pickens-2018-Shrine-Bowl-126287399/

https://n.rivals.com/news/shrine-bowl-of-the-carolinas-takeaways-from-check-in-day

https://n.rivals.com/news/shrine-bow-of-the-carolinas-takeaways-from-a-snowy-day-2

Then plenty of content at individual sites of guys there watching. I'm guessing that Les has some good info on the individual WF guys that he is hearing/seeing if you guys would actually pony up the $10 for it.

From the guys i've talked to that were on the ground Day 2 and 3 (which is discussed in the links posted) it's funny to see some of the stuff. For one, they talk up NCSU RB Knight saying he looks quick and elusive running routes and guys on the ground say he's barely taking snaps and is severely hindered due to injury. No mention of that. One of the articles talks about the WR's for NC and multiple people i've talked to and that were present said that none of the WR's other than Groulx looked worth a crap (Groulx dominates everywhere he goes). Couple of the articles talking about NCSU DL prospects and everything i've heard is Josh Harris looks like the best player there while Jackson has been pretty ordinary (despite having a positive write up in the articles above). Take that for what it's worth obviously.

Howell was committed to FSU, but they lost Bell, then he says he has a good relationship with Drinkwitz at State, then oops to he goes to App St. He says he is interested in UNC, who just hired Phil Longo to be OC. He wont sign with a team that doesnt have an OC, which rules out State and FSU. Going to be interesting to see what happens, but man this is kid is pretty much saying he is looking everywhere locally except Wake.

Back