• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

From the looks of things this is a solid class. Really good work by Dave and his crew.

Yes. Guys with solid to spectacular HS careers. Good to see that Clawson's opinion of these guys is shared by recruiting gurus. A few four star guys and lots of high three star guys. Looks like a class with depth.

Some really lightweight D lineman on that list, and not one OL... No Bueno!

Clawson knows what he is doing and we are lucky to have him. He is Fortune 500 CEO material with his winner, no excuses attitude. Superb execution.

Looks like 11 NLIs in before 7:30 AM.
I'm a little surprised Groulx's NLI is in, only because i had heard all the Hough High signees (11 D1) were going to do an after school signing party at 3 pm. But the (slightly) early signing is good news.

Those signing events are just a staged event for pictures. When my daughter signed for volleyball, we send the signed scan to the coach early that morning and the signing ceremony at her schools wasn’t until later that morning. I’m pretty sure all the other kids had done the same. The only time those things are real is with the hat-pickers, who haven’t send in their paperwork, so the schools can’t announce them and ruin their little shows.

Love signing a solid class with zero drama. Time to get back to work for bowl prep, spring practice and a fourth consecutive bow season! Clawson is on top of his shit.

CJ Elmonus is listed as an OL

And CJ is going to be huge.
He's 6' 7" 270 now, and according to scouts, he has lots of room to grow.
He'll redshirt next year and will probably be 300 lbs when he hits the field in 2020.

Some really lightweight D lineman on that list, and not one OL... No Bueno!

If a 17 year old is 300 lbs, chances are isn't all muscle. I'd rather have a kid who is 255, has a big frame, and athletic ability.

Love signing a solid class with zero drama. Time to get back to work for bowl prep, spring practice and a fourth consecutive bow season! Clawson is on top of his shit.

No doubt. Found an image of him at the airport with his fax machine, stereo, CD player and VCR. Not only is he on top of national signing day, but he had everything he needed for music and video on the flight down...I assume someone else had the speakers and TV. Who needs a smart phone?

person-carrying-stereo-equipment-and-fax-machine-DDNJ3F.jpg

Last edited:
More Kerning in the endzone.

Per a tweet from Conor, we also have Devonte Gordon who is an OL and gray shirted this year.

This coaching staff really seems to focus on athletic players who are underweight, with the hopes that they will fill out with a D-1 weight training program. Specifically looking at Kerns, Ford and McCollum in this year's class. Historically, when you look at some of the great Wake players, Curry, KJ and Pace, this is what has happened. I like that the staff has a plan in place about what they are looking for.

According to Rivals, Trey Rucker has committed to Wake...And now they have removed him from Wake recruits list...What is going on with them...

Last edited:
Back