• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

IMHO, " arm talent" is the abilty to make the right kind of throw. Back shoulder, high, low, etc. as needed.

But what is the “right kind” of throw?

Oh yeah, Scotty Washington haters need to go.

If Dortch bolts we better hope either Groulx or Greene can start as Scotty/Surat clearly fill our big WR with good speed but we are missing a dynamic playmaker if Dortch goes along with Bachman graduating. Roberson dropped a pass on key 3rd down and not doing much else nor other WRs against a weak D. Actually if Dortch goes I hope both are good enough to start.

what is the plan for Mora - punter or kicker? compete for both and see what happens?

Maggio and Sciba handled their duties pretty well this year - hopefully if nothing else Mora can put kickoffs into the end zone

I think Mora can do all 3 but will start as a punter which makes sense.

Hopefully we can improve on kickoffs. Our special teams gives up way too many yards on returns as evidenced today.

Sciba was 19-22 as a frosh with 50+ yard range- better than pretty good.....

Sciba is fantastic. Clutch effort today. Amazing season. With this offense, he will have a good shot at being our all time leading scorer. He’s tied Swank’s freshman year for 4th most FGs in a season.

Last edited:
He was good from 49 today. Had 50+ yards of leg.

After 3 straight bowl wins I’m expecting an even better recruiting class next season

Sciba is fantastic. Clutch effort today. Amazing season. With this offense, he will have a good shot at being our all time leading scorer. He’s tied Swank’s freshman year for 4th most FGs in a season.

Amazing bounce back after missing first FG attempt and then having one of the most embarrassing FG kicker moments ever vs ND when warming up on sideline when team is set on field waiting for him as clock is about to expire. Which he missed. A lot of guy would probably be mentally done, but not Nick. Huge for us down the stretch.

I think Mora can do all 3 but will start as a punter which makes sense.

Mora can do all three. Trust me. I’ve watched him for a few years. Watch his video.
Our kicking game is in good shape.

Mora can do all three. Trust me. I’ve watched him for a few years. Watch his video.
Our kicking game is in good shape.

Hopefully he can do a squib kick that goes further than 30 yards...

Hinton looked pretty good today. Think he might come back to do some more at WR?

Seems like he could definitely be a weapon as a WR and returner, if he spent the whole off-season working at it. I guess it depends on how bad he still wants to be a QB. Maybe he could find a run oriented team at a lower level and play his last season as a QB; however, his chances of playing QB in the pros is probably 0.00001%. I'm certainly it would be a slam dunk, but it seems that any chance that he would have to play pro ball would be as a slot receiver and/or punt returner.

Seems like he could definitely be a weapon as a WR and returner, if he spent the whole off-season working at it. I guess it depends on how bad he still wants to be a QB. Maybe he could find a run oriented team at a lower level and play his last season as a QB; however, his chances of playing QB in the pros is probably 0.00001%. I'm certainly it would be a slam dunk, but it seems that any chance that he would have to play pro ball would be as a slot receiver and/or punt returner.
His ship already gone to an incoming.

Back