• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

My only criticism of Clawson is that he didn't give Newman playing time much earlier in the season. This season has proven that teams need two quality QBs. It would seem logical that you don't want to wait till you have to play your 2nd QB to get him game experience. But, it worked out well, so I'm probably wrong.

My only criticism of Clawson is that he didn't give Newman playing time much earlier in the season. This season has proven that teams need two quality QBs. It would seem logical that you don't want to wait till you have to play your 2nd QB to get him game experience. But, it worked out well, so I'm probably wrong.

I don't think Newman was really healthy early in the season.

It bodes well for the future that both QBs seized the opportunities they were given due to injury.

If this list is accurate, there are not that many teams to follow: Bengals, Texans, Raiders, Cowboys, Jags

Wake Forest
PLAYER TEAM POSITION
Jessie Bates Cincinnati Bengals Safety
Tommy Bohanon Jacksonville Jaguars Fullback
Duke Ejiofor Houston Texans Linebacker
Kevin Johnson Houston Texans Cornerback
Marquel Lee Oakland Raiders Linebacker
Joe Looney Dallas Cowboys Center
Kyle Wilber Oakland Raiders Linebacker

Sorry I haven't kept up the Deacs in the NFL thread. BSD is spot on for Active players with KJ Brent PSquad for TB and Brandon Chubb PSquad for the Panthers as additional names. Don't think Camp, Jaboree or Josh Banks landed anyplace after cut.
I do like DeacAssured's idea for WF Mktg.

If this list is accurate, there are not that many teams to follow: Bengals, Texans, Raiders, Cowboys, Jags

Wake Forest
PLAYER TEAM POSITION

..and it is likely that WF adds some collection of Phil Haynes, Ryan Anderson plus FA probables: Cam Glenn,Zeek Rodney, Matt Colburn and Alex Bachman ..each with solid potential to join the growing list.

Camp was put on IR preseason by Titans and then cut in Oct. With his injury record, it is unlikely he plays in the NFL again.

Wake Forest
PLAYER TEAM POSITION

Good. Steve Schutt can make easy work of it on a Thursday a. m. and after a few weeks hand it off to one of the many staffers at WF. This is good for recruiting.

Wake Forest
PLAYER TEAM POSITION

HopefulLY it won't be long before we see John Wolford back in an NFL uniform.

Every Sunday One of the Wake Twitter accounts wishes good lucks to all the Deacs playing in the NFL that day and lists the players and teams.

Every Sunday One of the Wake Twitter accounts wishes good lucks to all the Deacs playing in the NFL that day and lists the players and teams.

I almost said this yesterday then thought I must’ve been dreaming seeing that all season because I looked through a ton of accounts and couldn’t figure out which one it was.

Should it really require a researcher/librarian to find names, numbers, teams and playing status when a school has as many as WF has playing every Sunday? WF should post it with an ad or two.

I believe this is new (and worthwhile video of Nolan Groulx at the All American Bowl.

Kid is nasty and feisty. His video is the last 45 seconds. I don't know the other receivers profiled at all, but if they are good, then Groulx is elite. IMO. Kid gets more separation in one route than a few of the receivers got combined running multiple routes.

And then ... have to watch

I believe this is new (and worthwhile video of Nolan Groulx at the All American Bowl.

Kid is nasty and feisty. His video is the last 45 seconds. I don't know the other receivers profiled at all, but if they are good, then Groulx is elite. IMO. Kid gets more separation in one route than a few of the receivers got combined running multiple routes.

And then ... have to watch

Nolan starts at 3:46
I understand what you said about nasty. He almost got into a fight with the CB covering him. This is a 'must watch'

Same dude held him and then celebrated the incompletion. He'll be at the U, so they'll meet again in 2020.

Love the intensity. Wish Nolan could have run a few straight go routes. Perhaps the DBs were giving him so much cushion on the short routes because they didn't want to get beat deep. They could have also have been instructed to play as a safety lined up on a slot WR (further off).

Love it. Thanks for posting. He's going to be well liked at Wake and probably hated by other teams.

Back