• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Les do we know of any of the recruits that attended the spring game?

One more longer term positive was seeing the Aaron Curry shoutout in the tweet from one of the HS coaches. The more HS coaches like what Wake is doing, the more they'll think favorably of Wake when they have good players looking for college.

New commit per 247. 3* Michael Frogge TE/DE 6’5 225. Looks to be a good pick up

No other P5 offers. Good frame to build into. Hopefully we take two TEs this class, as I feel like we’re in good position with Kendall Karr.

CLawson sure loves him some tight ends.

Considering what Cam Serigne did, its pretty understandable. The RPO needs a tight end who can get open and catch those 5-10 yard patterns that keep the chains moving.

Considering what Cam Serigne did, its pretty understandable. The RPO needs a tight end who can get open and catch those 5-10 yard patterns that keep the chains moving.

A concept Lobo and Grobe never could understand.

I think a bigger issue is TE's with blocking ability in RPO are extremely important.

[insert why not both gif]

But seriously, there are plenty of plays where the TE will do both.

This kid could spin it. I am convinced he was our #3 QB and this reduces the chances Hartman can redshirt. He can compete at the FCS level as a starter and maybe even the right MAC or Sun Belt school. Not a blow like DJ Taylor or Miles Fox getting hurt, but this is not something to be happy about. Kern does not look ready to take meaningful snaps yet, and Considine was much closer to an ACC caliber QB than Bowers.

Outside of healthy LB/S depth, I would have argued Considine was our most valuable non scholarship player for 2019 (Hartman impact).

I genuinely did not know who Matthew Considine was prior to today.

That being said is there a realistic chance Hartman redshirts?

This kid could spin it. I am convinced he was our #3 QB and this reduces the chances Hartman can redshirt. He can compete at the FCS level as a starter and maybe even the right MAC or Sun Belt school. Not a blow like DJ Taylor or Miles Fox getting hurt, but this is not something to be happy about. Kern does not look ready to take meaningful snaps yet, and Considine was much closer to an ACC caliber QB than Bowers.

Outside of healthy LB/S depth, I would have argued Considine was our most valuable non scholarship player for 2019 (Hartman impact).

I would say this will have little impact on Hartman redshirting. If Newman needed to be replaced for meaningful snaps, they weren't going to put in Considine over Hartman. We just need Newman to stay healthy. Now if both got hurt...…..

Back