• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

It really is remarkable.
Besides that, Clempson > Cocks.
In my personal opinion, fu*k South Carolina. They're the shitheels that ran away from the ACC; they can suck it until the end of time as far as I care.
(You can count the Maryland Turtles in that same category too.)

From Columbia and can verify this. That school is the biggest s***hole in the country.

It really is remarkable.
Besides that, Clempson > Cocks.
In my personal opinion, fu*k South Carolina. They're the shitheels that ran away from the ACC; they can suck it until the end of time as far as I care.
(You can count the Maryland Turtles in that same category too.)

F*ck MD, so glad those dicks are getting their ass beat in B10 fball.

Cooley was held to 80 yards and 1 TD in the 3A title game. East Forsyth won the 4A championship but can’t find stats on our RB recruit.

Fractured shoulder against West Forsyth. Probably could have played in the championship game, but he's set to graduate this month and will be at Wake in January, so his dad said no.

Fractured shoulder against West Forsyth. Probably could have played in the championship game, but he's set to graduate this month and will be at Wake in January, so his dad said no.

Makes sense. Heal up and get ready for some big time football.
At the same time, a real shame that he couldn’t play in the state championship game. Those are games that you remember forever.

Not Wake related, but in our backyard. Ohio State came to Pilot Mountain yesterday to offer Boaz at quarterback. Did he ever have any interest at all in us? He's committed to UNC now, but if Ohio State is coming, the whole world is coming. The older Gosnell from that team is going to Chapel Hill as well. Auburn and Georgia are in on a D-lineman there. We've offered the younger Gosnell, a sophomore, along with USC and UNC. It would be a shame to be unable to land any of this D1 talent right down the road.

Last edited:
Not Wake related, but in our backyard. Ohio State came to Pilot Mountain yesterday to offer Boaz at quarterback. Did he ever have any interest at all in us? He's committed to UNC now, but if Ohio State is coming, the whole world is coming. The older Gosnell from that team is going to Chapel Hill as well. Auburn and Georgia are in on a D-lineman there. We've offered the younger Gosnell, a sophomore, along with USC and UNC. It would be a shame to be unable to land any of this D1 talent right down the road.

The Boaz kid's dad was a punter under Brown at uNC. He is a big hole homer, so it will be tough to flip him. The younger Gosnell is actually bigger than his brother. It would be nice to land him.

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm almost 100% sure this isn't true. Ohio State already has the #14 pro style QB committed for 2020, the #5 pro style (and borderline 5 star) QB in 2021, and is the heavy favorite to land CJ Stroud tomorrow, the #2 pro style QB in 2020. I assume Boaz is signing tomorrow anyways, but maybe not.

Not trying to be a dick, but I'm almost 100% sure this isn't true. Ohio State already has the #14 pro style QB committed for 2020, the #5 pro style (and borderline 5 star) QB in 2021, and is the heavy favorite to land CJ Stroud tomorrow, the #2 pro style QB in 2020. I assume Boaz is signing tomorrow anyways, but maybe not.

Goddamn it, you're going to make me sound like RJ here, but I have an inside source, and I 100% assure you that it is. Ohio State was personally at East Surry, and offered him at QB. There's going to be a heavy late push for Boaz. If you need validity for my credentials, look back and see I'm the one who told everyone that Doral was leaving 2 months before anyone else. Man, I sound like a prick in this post.

Goddamn it, you're going to make me sound like RJ here, but I have an inside source, and I 100% assure you that it is. Ohio State was personally at East Surry, and offered him at QB. There's going to be a heavy late push for Boaz. If you need validity for my credentials, look back and see I'm the one who told everyone that Doral was leaving 2 months before anyone else. Man, I sound like a prick in this post.

Yep,THE Ohio St coming to East Surry doesn’t happen but once in a century, so I believe you. Boaz’ dad is a huge UNC guy, but I would love to see them steal Boaz from Mack. Btw, WFU loves both Gosnell kids.

But isn’t Boaz at the Shrine Bowl practices with our ex-commit Whitter and Cooley today?

After watching Mitch Griffis hightlights, I don't care where Boaz ends up. Would be nice to see him flip from the holes and then see Gosnell flip to Wake. Probably won't happen, but it'd be a lot cooler if it did.

But isn’t Boaz at the Shrine Bowl practices with our ex-commit Whitter and Cooley today?

I’m sure he is today. He was at Easy Surry yesterday morning talking to Ohio State’s qb coach, though.

After watching Mitch Griffis hightlights, I don't care where Boaz ends up. Would be nice to see him flip from the holes and then see Gosnell flip to Wake. Probably won't happen, but it'd be a lot cooler if it did.

Griffis has a bit of a Wolford look to him (yeah white guy comparisons I know). Not an impressive physical specimen but is fairly athletic, makes things happen on the run, overall a gamer.

Not gonna argue with you (last post on the subject), but it's odd than none of the OSU recruiting boards have this, nor do any of the recruiting sites, and there's nothing on Twitter. Usually, an OSU offer is made public almost immediately (big time football recruiting is my reality TV). They're certainly not going to sign 3 QBs, but I guess maybe this was a back up plan offer if Stroud doesn't sign with them tomorrow. UNC folks seem to think Boaz is signing tomorrow at the Shrine Bowl practices.

Back