• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

For the '22 Class, Wake has offered Brett Griffis, little brother of freshmen QB Mitch. This along with the offer to Tate Carney, gives this class the potential for a familiar feel.

For the '22 Class, Wake has offered Brett Griffis, little brother of freshmen QB Mitch. This along with the offer to Tate Carney, gives this class the potential for a familiar feel.

Sounds like a smart move. I assume they are receptive at this point and have read prior on here they both are good players.

Hope that doesn't mean we are at risk of Santino Marucci decommitting. He looks like the real deal...

In the seventies it wasn't unusual to recruit multiple qbs. Usually the best athlete on their high school teams. Plug them anywhere as they mature.

If we take 2 in 2021 then that gives us...5? 6? on the roster...Marucci, Edwards, Kerns, Griffis, Hartman...I just don't see how that would ever work.

If we take 2 in 2021 then that gives us...5? 6? on the roster...Marucci, Edwards, Kerns, Griffis, Hartman...I just don't see how that would ever work.

And with the "free" season of eligibility this season, Griffis will have the same amount of eligibility as any QB that comes in with the 2021 class.

Wake just gave an offer to this 3 star ginge QB who is committed to ODU.

https://247sports.com/Player/Billy-Edwards-46084485/

https://twitter.com/Billy_Edwards4/status/1333566709849001984

He has a bunch of offers but we are his first P5 I think

HS football isn't being played in VA this Fall; so, it's not like his play this season has caused a re-evaluation and the offer. While he goes to a different HS (Lake Braddock), Billy Edwards is from the same general area as current Deacs Taylor Morin (Westfield) and Nick Andersen (Centreville). Those three school typically have the top programs in Fairfax County.

As far as the number of QBs in the program, no position is more apt to move on than QB because only one can play at a time (unlike other positions where the 2nd and 3rd string can play in a regular rotation). Have no knowledge, but if you are playing behind a sophomore, who is going to be sophomore again next season, I can see how there might be some motivation to find an opportunity to get more snaps.

Are we going to be in trouble with a lot of transfers out of Wake? I keep seeing tweets from Cam on the transfer portal and Wake, so not sure if there is a scoop somewhere and a lot of guys are leaving??

There is a lot of talent in that portal. Hopefully, we can land some of it.

Any chance this kid may be destined for defense - strong safety? Rover? OLB?

The Ginger Gunslinger has since decommitted from ODU. Can't say his tape highlights any defensive abilities.

One thing to watch is Miami still does not have a committed QB, and that is where Santino's father played. Miami has not offered Santino yet, so here is hoping that he will stick with his pledge to WF. Billy the Red shows off some nice throws, but I still prefer Santino. Maybe Kern is looking at the transfer portal? Seems really interesting to offer another QB so late in the recruiting process, especially a QB that didn't play any ball this year.

Not shocking. The emergence of Carson, Holmes and Roberts, all true freshmen with 4 years to go, probably has a lot to do with this. He probably won’t be the only corner we lose. We’ve got 3 good ones for the next half decade

Not shocking. The emergence of Carson, Holmes and Roberts, all true freshmen with 4 years to go, probably has a lot to do with this. He probably won’t be the only corner we lose. We’ve got 3 good ones for the next half decade

REEEEALLLLYYYY hoping we hold onto those guys, specifically Carson. Carson has the chance of being the next Kevin Johnson

The Ginger Gunslinger has since decommitted from ODU. Can't say his tape highlights any defensive abilities.

One thing to watch is Miami still does not have a committed QB, and that is where Santino's father played. Miami has not offered Santino yet, so here is hoping that he will stick with his pledge to WF. Billy the Red shows off some nice throws, but I still prefer Santino. Maybe Kern is looking at the transfer portal? Seems really interesting to offer another QB so late in the recruiting process, especially a QB that didn't play any ball this year.

I have also heard that the Mooch may be on his way out, and that is why we are on the Ginge. Jake Garcia just decommitted from USC and Miami & FSU are both chasing him. The loser might want Mooch as a consolation prize.

Last edited:
Back