• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I have also heard that the Mooch may be on his way out, and that is why we are on the Ginge. Jake Garcia just decommitted from USC and Miami & FSU are both chasing him. The loser might want Mooch as a consolation prize.

I think its a good sign that Santino is still tweeting and gramming about the Deacs (as recently as this morning). Also since Miami and FSU are chasing Garcia, how much time will the loser have to woo Santino? This is one we will be watching closely until the paper is signed.

Are we going to be in trouble with a lot of transfers out of Wake? I keep seeing tweets from Cam on the transfer portal and Wake, so not sure if there is a scoop somewhere and a lot of guys are leaving??

More of number game. Essissima/Woulard/Flowers have been on the list for me for portal watch due to PT/opting out in general, but mainly just getting the roster ready for 2022. This is a team that can make a substantial push in '22 but will probably look to add an G(if Davis doesn't come back), Outside receiver, KOS(if Crane doesn't return), and possibly a DT if things shake out weirdly/people don't progress. Right now they sit at an even 85(remember guys in their last year dont count vs the cap), would not be shocked if they found their way to 3 open scholarships and figured it out from there

I think its a good sign that Santino is still tweeting and gramming about the Deacs (as recently as this morning). Also since Miami and FSU are chasing Garcia, how much time will the loser have to woo Santino? This is one we will be watching closely until the paper is signed.

I would not be concerned about losing Marucci for '21 or any QB on the roster if Edwards lands at Wake

Wow. Really?

a) Edwards just committed to Wake

b) I've been.. critical of Sam Hartman. But he very quietly put together a solid season this year. Gets 2* more games against weaker teams to pad stats and then will return his ENTIRE offense, both skill players and OL and might even add a damn good OL if Davis is healthy and returns. Next years schedule sets up where if Wake has 8-10 wins, you shouldn't really be shocked. We all have this notion you have to be a Trevor Lawrence, a Justin Fields, a Zach Wilson to be considered as a draft pick.

If Hartman has a successful 2021, for a guy who's ceiling isn't super high imo but his floor is very apparent(he's mobile, can make most throws you ask of him, has really cut back on the turnovers), you could do way worse than that in the later rounds of the draft. Jarrett bleeping Stidham STUNK at Auburn and found his way into a draft pick. Next year's draft is also significantly weaker than this upcoming one. It's not a reach to think that if he feels like his college ceiling is capped and would only hurt his stock staying for his 5th year, he'd leave after 2021.

2022 would be my guess we'd see one of Mitch/Kern/Santino transfer but we will see

a) Edwards just committed to Wake

b) I've been.. critical of Sam Hartman. But he very quietly put together a solid season this year. Gets 2* more games against weaker teams to pad stats and then will return his ENTIRE offense, both skill players and OL and might even add a damn good OL if Davis is healthy and returns. Next years schedule sets up where if Wake has 8-10 wins, you shouldn't really be shocked. We all have this notion you have to be a Trevor Lawrence, a Justin Fields, a Zach Wilson to be considered as a draft pick.

If Hartman has a successful 2021, for a guy who's ceiling isn't super high imo but his floor is very apparent(he's mobile, can make most throws you ask of him, has really cut back on the turnovers), you could do way worse than that in the later rounds of the draft. Jarrett bleeping Stidham STUNK at Auburn and found his way into a draft pick. Next year's draft is also significantly weaker than this upcoming one. It's not a reach to think that if he feels like his college ceiling is capped and would only hurt his stock staying for his 5th year, he'd leave after 2021.

2022 would be my guess we'd see one of Mitch/Kern/Santino transfer but we will see

I'm a Hartman fan, but I just don't see an NFL QB in him. He's just too small.

Best numbers I can find are 2017, but that year only 3 starting QBs in the league were under 6'2. Brees, who is elite, Tyrod Taylor and Russel Wilson. I know Mayfield and Murray are in that group now too. But that's 1) one of the top 10 passers of all time, and 2) players with elite running skills. Sam can be a great college QB, but he doesn't excel in any area that will get him an NFL shot.

Now, Wolford was kinda in the same boat. But he doesn't get a shot without the AAF.

I'm a Hartman fan, but I just don't see an NFL QB in him. He's just too small.

Best numbers I can find are 2017, but that year only 3 starting QBs in the league were under 6'2. Brees, who is elite, Tyrod Taylor and Russel Wilson. I know Mayfield and Murray are in that group now too. But that's 1) one of the top 10 passers of all time, and 2) players with elite running skills. Sam can be a great college QB, but he doesn't excel in any area that will get him an NFL shot.

Now, Wolford was kinda in the same boat. But he doesn't get a shot without the AAF.

99% of 5th/6th/7th round QBs arent drafted to start but to offer insurance. My statement wasn't that even he thinks he'd start(same with Wolford) but the 4th-7th round guys that have gone the last 3 or 4 years(Clayton Thorson, Ben DiNucci, Brad Kaaya, Swag god Chad Kelly, Danny Etling) hell some of these guys weren't even good in college. Pure insurance

Yeah I don't think we lose Mooch.

Les posted an article yesterday with senior highlights of Marucci and Les said that he will sign with the deacs on 12/6 and attend early. No quotes from Santino but I don't think he would post the article if he didn't speak with him.

Wolford was/is WAY more athletic than Sam. Sam looks a couple steps slower with the added weight/muscle (good for not getting killed, though).

Really makes no sense why he decimmitted. Went on and on about his praise of Wake, coaches, and relationships.

I guess UVa and VT offered but its been a long time since they've gone after a 190 lb DE.

Really makes no sense why he decimmitted. Went on and on about his praise of Wake, coaches, and relationships.

I guess UVa and VT offered but its been a long time since they've gone after a 190 lb DE.

WR

Clawson's twitter account is announcing the signing's this year. Both QB's already signed. Looks like today is going to be drama free (the opposite of my family gatherings). Go Deacs.

Clawson's twitter account is announcing the signing's this year. Both QB's already signed. Looks like today is going to be drama free (the opposite of my family gatherings). Go Deacs.

Good so far. Only a few letters left to go. Should be complete in an hour.

Back