• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Did I say the offense was without fault ?

offense by *far* gets less negative attention outside of the constant clamoring for trick plays. But the main point Im making here is "hey maybe the offense has a negative effect on the defense" and it's met with "excuses"

*bad faith actor acts in bad faith*

Plus it's easy to say that every team has injuries But we have seemed to have more than our share .

When Clawson came and brought Mike Elko with him our defense was pretty stout. We held VT to 3 points in 4 quarters. We all know that after he left our defense has declined quite a bit. Part of it might be just knowing where to put talent on the field, I don’t know. It just seems that the coaching staff hasn’t adjusted to that change.

offense by *far* gets less negative attention outside of the constant clamoring for trick plays. But the main point Im making here is "hey maybe the offense has a negative effect on the defense" and it's met with "excuses"

the offense is not above reproach, but it's the 19th ranked scoring offense and the 35th ranked total offense versus 77th and 107th on defense, respectively

I understand how offensive failures in the hurry-up offense negatively impact the defense, but there is no question the defense is the much weaker unit

Plus it's easy to say that every team has injuries But we have seemed to have more than our share .

Every year !

And if losing a LB and turns your defense to total crap, you have a bad defense to start with.

Our best defensive performance of the year involved a walkon safety making three reasonably easy interceptions as we held on for victory against Va Tech.

When Clawson came and brought Mike Elko with him our defense was pretty stout. We held VT to 3 points in 4 quarters. We all know that after he left our defense has declined quite a bit. Part of it might be just knowing where to put talent on the field, I don’t know. It just seems that the coaching staff hasn’t adjusted to that change.

It seems that Clawson is taking a page out of the Jim Grobe playbook - when high caliber coordinators leave, try to replace them on the cheap with younger coaches who are not yet ready. Time to upgrade the DC. It has been obvious for a few years.

CamLemons - football expert.

Ah yes me relaying explanations from the staff because people ask questions

It's almost like a Heisman finalist and QB that's probably going in the first 2 rounds of the draft had an equally bad if not worse game and bad QB games happen

*goes back to my twitter mentions that are filled with people saying how much i've hated Hartman all year*

Last edited:
All signs point to yet. I'm pretty sure he's even tweeted stuff like "can't wait to get back out there with my brothers next year"...

Our entire team is coming back. Expectations will be very high next season. Anything less than 9-4 after a bowl game is unacceptable.

All signs point to yet. I'm pretty sure he's even tweeted stuff like "can't wait to get back out there with my brothers next year"...

Our entire team is coming back. Expectations will be very high next season. Anything less than 9-4 after a bowl game is unacceptable.

Should go at least 3-1 OOC (ODU/Norfolk State/UNC/Army). 5-6 wins against conference opponents (BC, Syracuse, Duke, and 2-3 of UVA/FSU/Louisville/State). I'm pumped.

Ah yes me relaying explanations from the staff because people ask questions

It's almost like a Heisman finalist and QB that's probably going in the first 2 rounds of the draft had an equally bad if not worse game and bad QB games happen

*goes back to my twitter mentions that are filled with people saying how much i've hated Hartman all year*

Are you saying the staff expects Hartman to be drafted ?

Back