• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Deacs receive a commitment from Richmond DB transfer Malik Mustapha. He's from Charlotte:

https://twitter.com/_malikmustapha/status/1393226021026078720

I believe WF has two open schollies for the 2021 season.

So my son introduced me to a new friend named Malik last night. Said he plays football. I didn't think much of it until today, but then I asked my son where Malik plays. He said he verballed to Wake, but just picked up an offer from UL, and is strongly considering going there instead. I looked him up and he is the Malik Mustapha that committed last week. I don't have too many (NONE actually) D1 athletes come through the house, and this dude passes the eye test. UL may have deeper pockets, but I sure hope he sticks to his commitment cuz it sure would be cool to root for him for another 4 years. Nice kid!

Hope the coaching staff is aware that he "picked up an offer from UL, and is strongly considering going there instead (of WFU)".

Malik Mustafa has an interesting Twitter timeline.

4/26: announces he is in the portal, 2:30 pm.

Same day: announces he has an offer from WF 4 hours later

5/14: announces he is committed to WF, 11:25 am.

Same day: announces he has an offer from UL 6 hours later

Coach Clawson may not be as respectful as Mustafa wishes. You take a transfer commitment and move on from other quality kid's we were talking to. Dave will not take this kid back.

you have a chance to salvage this, pazdadeac

“Son, tell your friend Malik that Wake Forest may not have hookers and coke like Louisville but he’ll be able to get a job at a Big Four accounting firm.”

yeah, I would be shocked if Clawson will have a spot for this guy moving forward.

Hope that UL situation doesn't dry up and go away.

“Son, tell your friend Malik that Wake Forest may not have hookers and coke like Louisville but he’ll be able to get a job at a Big Four accounting firm.”

Hilarious and true! I'll give it a shot!

yeah, I would be shocked if Clawson will have a spot for this guy moving forward.

Hope that UL situation doesn't dry up and go away.

poetic justice would be Louisville giving him the Matt Colburn treatment, now, after he burns his bridge to Wake.

Can't imagine we'd lose sleep over this. Doesn't have the talent to be a potential attitude prima-donna. I think Clawson was over this in the first few minutes.

Agree....Clawson needs to slow down on jumping on Colonial, Patriot, and OVC recruits and aim higher...

we seem to have brought in 4 or 5 DB transfers. Does not sound like the DC was satisfied with the horses already in the barn.

we seem to have brought in 4 or 5 DB transfers. Does not sound like the DC was satisfied with the horses already in the barn.

Disagree. Depth always matters and I bet we expand the rotation. Plus everyone fills the cupboard whenever you can in this age of the Portal.

Back