• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

DB is probably the most difficult position in FB. By the time the play is at your level, the pressure is on you top stop or deny it. Many times, for us, the individual player is it, on an island with 0 help.

We traditionally have never had the overall size and speed for the entire backfield. It's why we see playing off the LOS so far and why so many opponents are wide-open when the ball is sent their way.

Clawson knows his defensive backfield has sucked for years. He's tripling down. Good move.

Disappointing loss. He looked like a talented player with at least 4 years of eligibility remaining. Tough loss for Wake's defensive backfield.

Last edited:
Disappointing loss. He looked a talented player with at least 4 years of eligibility remaining. Tough loss for Wake's defensive backfield.

I know a lot of folks are saying this is no great loss, but the coaches wouldn’t have offered him unless they thought he would help the team. Therefore, I’m disappointed he decommitted.

Mustapha has deleted his tweet saying he de-committed, and re-pinned the tweet stating he has committed to WF

this shit is exhausting

we seem to have brought in 4 or 5 DB transfers. Does not sound like the DC was satisfied with the horses already in the barn.

If/when Mustapha recommits it'll be 3 DBs, and 2 of them will actually be corners. It's a yes and no thing.

Very pleased with Ja'Sir, Caelen, and Gavin Holmes. However you can't count on Holmes being healthy just yet, Kenneth Dicks III tore his pec and will be out for a while, and Hardimon is on his last year(i'd be stunned if he was asked back next year even if he played a decent amount this year) which is why the Wingfield and Trujillo additions were made. One to shore up and help competition(Wingfield) and one to stash and if he plays well, he plays well but has time to grow alongside Caelen/Holmes/Da'Shawn Jones(Trujillo)

Mustapha is in the same boat as Trujillo. You lose Masterson and Redd after this year. Does a guy like Coby Davis come back in 2022/stay healthy in 2021? Nasir is back come summer session 2, but what happens if he gets hurt again? With the shit injury luck they had last year, having a playable guy come in is more of a blessing and pushing your chips in vs not trusting what you have, especially when you have the room

Mustapha seem to have deleted his tweet reopening his recruitment and still has his wake commitment tweet pinned.

Maybe WF staff told him they were going to offer another DB. How many WF recruits have de-committed after 4 days? None. Ever.

Don’t sweat the small stuff.

guy who tweets at teenagers that are making life altering decisions for themselves that don't affect him in the slightest, says "don't sweat the small stuff"

got it

guy who tweets at teenagers that are making life altering decisions for themselves that don't affect him in the slightest, says "don't sweat the small stuff"

got it

You are losing sleep over a 0 star transfer de-commit from Richmond? LOL. I just tweeted that WF might move on from him. Athletes should stay off of Twitter if they don’t want to risk hearing the truth.

Last edited:
If the coaches think he is good then I would be happy to get him back in the fold.

Back