• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Maybe WF staff told him they were going to offer another DB. How many WF recruits have de-committed after 4 days? None. Ever.

Marvin Scott III decommitted after like an hour or however long it takes to venmo money from Nebraska.

the omnibus portal thread has dropped a few pages, so I'll just post this here:

Tampering has arrived in college football, and it looks like NBA free agency

They know if they wait for a quality player to enter the transfer portal to begin recruiting him, they're too late. So they've been reaching out to third parties and using players as go-betweens. It's a violation of NCAA rules, of course, but enforcement is nearly impossible.

An SEC head coach said that not only is tampering happening, "it happens most of the time."

A prominent high school coach told ESPN's Tom VanHaaren he has seen it increase to the point that he estimates 60% of college teams are doing it.

"With one player, last season I got four calls from four different conferences," the high school coach said. "'Is he happy? They're not using him like we would use him.' These are SEC, Big Ten and some big-name schools."

I wouldn't be surprised if that's what happened with KWIII. Wouldn't be surprised at all.

I understand the concern but "tampering" is a part of life. You can "tamper" with a student at their school. You can "tamper" with someone at their job. You can "tamper" with someone in their relationship. People have options and you can encourage them to explore those options. Now it's part of college football in full force.

Last edited:
So he’s a four year guy and he’s not some bum that we don’t need to care about?

Nice work, pazdadeac!

15 month dead period is over. Who will be the first visitors to the Wake campus? FSU is hosting a group today.

WF has 16 visits this week, starting with 5 today.

"It was catered," he said. "They had some BBQ chicken and mac & cheese. It was good."

Didn’t even need the one steak.

I thought he committed like two years ago. Guess not.

"It was catered," he said. "They had some BBQ chicken and mac & cheese. It was good."

Didn’t even need the one steak.

I thought he committed like two years ago. Guess not.

He is an early commit, ashe is just finishing his junior year in HS. I suspect other coaches thought the same as the quoted post - that he was already committed to following his brother to Wake. Coaches Don't like wasting time and effort. With his ranking, he would get a bunch more offers this summer if he hadn't committed.

It would be great if he got a little bigger and faster during is senior year in HS.

We don't seem to hit a high percentage - an impression that might be wrong- with legacy players so it is great to see this on that level- an important commitment from a promising prospect.

Back