• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

In the interview about Grimes, Higgins mentioned that he was visiting for the State game and excited about it being a sold-out environment. That was a huge win for so many reasons, and I'm sure it helped when Dave and the Wolpfack tried to flip him.

So it looks like there was an actual plan. Speed and athleticism on the back end, a 310lb monster DT and a Boogie Basham clone at DE.

Oh yeah, some dudes on offense looked ok too...

In the interview about Grimes, Higgins mentioned that he was visiting for the State game and excited about it being a sold-out environment. That was a huge win for so many reasons, and I'm sure it helped when Dave and the Wolpfack tried to flip him.

So the Wolpfack fans helping us sell out the stadium hurt them. Awesome.

I like how Claw says it's 12 guys plus 8 guys returning for 5th or 6th years.

Nya
Maginn
Hartman

Tyler Williams
Bothroyd
Coby Davis

Who are the other 2 returnees?

I like how Claw says it's 12 guys plus 8 guys returning for 5th or 6th years.

Nya
Maginn
Hartman

Tyler Williams
Bothroyd
Coby Davis

Who are the other 2 returnees?

JeVionte Nash and Luigi Vilain would be my guess

What are the status of the following? I think I can figure out the scholarship count or close to it if people can help with the following:

Roberson and Tom (we don’t know)
Luigi Vilain
Dion Bergan (graduating?)
DJ Taylor
Chase Monroe
Nasir Greer
KJ Trujillo (still listed on roster — is he getting a scholarship?)

What are the status of the following? I think I can figure out the scholarship count or close to it if people can help with the following:

Roberson and Tom (we don’t know)
Luigi Vilain
Dion Bergan (graduating?)
DJ Taylor
Chase Monroe
Nasir Greer
KJ Trujillo (still listed on roster — is he getting a scholarship?)

in theory all those guys have eligibility and only roberson and tom went through senior day.

a bit curious that clawson called out fifth year guys which feels just common practice. that includes dudes like AT Perry, Jurgens, Johns, etc.

Yeah. We’ve talked about that for years. It’s a whole different level for Clawson to talk about it.

Just want to say Clawson was a great on that segment, Packer & Durham clearly dig him and man do I fucking love both our coaches. What a time to be a Deac.

Just want to say Clawson was a great on that segment, Packer & Durham clearly dig him and man do I fucking love both our coaches. What a time to be a Deac.

Also, Packer and Durham are giving the Deacs some really positive press this year.

Clawson really wants one of their coffee cups. I was expecting Packer & Durham to tell him that coffee is for closers and that he needs to beat TAM first.

As a Millbrook alum, where I was highly average on the O-line, I am very pumped for the addition of Grimes. He is the real deal and by all accounts a great kid.

His film reminds me of Roberson: they are almost identical in size and make impressive catches in traffic, including over the defender. They are also both highly intelligent receivers who do a great job of knowing how to get open and picking their spots. I believe Millbrook's coach even mentioned that Grimes had the ability to audible at the line, which is very unusual for a receiver.

The two teams in the ACC Championship game have the 12th and 13th ranked recruiting classes in the ACC. Coaching matters.

I watched some of the Grimes hi-light film. So glad we have him but wanted to add. Who is the Millbrook QB and what year? He made some nice throws anticipating where Grimes would be for the completion.

Back