• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Current Deacs in the NFL:

Offense:

Alex Bachman, New York Giants
Nate Gilliam, Pittsburgh
Greg Dortch, Arizona
Phil Haynes, Seattle
Justin Herron, New England
Kendell Hinton, Denver
Jacquarii Roberson, Dallas
Sage Surratt, Los Angeles Chargers
Zach Tom, Green Bay
Scotty Washington, Cincinnati
John Wolford, Los Angeles Rams
Defense:
Boogie Basham, Buffalo
Essang Bassey, Denver
Jessie Bates III, Cincinnati
Nasir Greer, Kansas City
Marquel Lee, Buffalo
Luke Masterson, Oakland
Justin Strnad, Denver
Ja'Sir Taylor, Los Angeles Chargers
Luiji Vilain, Minnesota
Special Teams:

Nick Sciba, Pittsburgh

The point is that Wake is clearly finding guys who are better than their ranking suggests, at what seems to be a higher than average rate. Clawson made a quote about finding 4 and 5 star guys that have been missed by recruiting services. Biff made his usual throwaway comment because he's a georgia fan.

If those same recruiting services re-ranked the classes of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, etc., we would clearly have guys show up as 4 and maybe a few 5 star players.

Clawson is standing up for his guys and for Wake Forest. Why is that hard for anyone to understand?

Oh wait, I think I know !

Everybody who signs a bunch of 3-stars says they're as good as the 4 and 5 stars. Sometimes they're right and sometimes they're wrong.

And there is a big difference between ranking 20 and 21-year old college players at 124 FBS school versus ranking 17-year old high school kids from all over the country. Of course there's gong to be a lot of variability.

Not this shit again. Even the pipeline argument was better than the constant stars/ratings discussion

Still pissed the people of this country allowed that show to get cancelled.

"My mother? Also a tugboat captain."

Last edited:
I hope I’m not that fragile when Wake finally wins a national championship.

Up to 10 Top 1000 recruits in this class. Double our best previous class.

The talent floor is definitely rising.

Great offer list. Clawson really appears to be capitalizing on the success Wake has had on the field to continue to improve recruiting.

speed and explosiveness:

FXaMOXtWIAASKFA

Mays triple jump record is impressive. His 400 meter record suggests he won't lose speed on long routes or open field sprints. Runs fast and stays fast.

Last edited:
Back