• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Egbe was offered by six of eight Ivy league universities. It seems incredible he chose Wake Forest. He must love playing football.

One of the interesting things about Egbe from his highlight film is the number of plays that began with him lining up in the backfield and then catching a short pass. That hasn't been in Wake's offensive repertoire very much.

Ok clown shoes, do you realize that players on his team are not the competition?

I searched 247 for the teams on their 22-23 schedule. For the 2022 class, there are a total of three 3-star players. One from each of Avon Old Farms, Deerfield Academy, and Choate Rosemary Hall, ranked 767, 950, and 1688 in the country, respectively. But that's not really the point.

I'm sure the very best players in that conference who were recruited, possibly reclassified to get another year of college prep, etc. are good. But they make up a small percentage of the rosters, with the rest filled with the type of kid who makes up the majority of the student body at The Loomis Chaffee School. I'm quite confident that an average team from the Cap 6 or Northern Athletic conferences (made up of Raleigh teams) would beat the living shit out of any of the schools on this schedule.

Ok, we get it. Your evaluation of competitive talent in NE prep schools is superior to our coaches. In Claw we trust, but maybe not you.
Now that is some shite on your clown shoes.

Ok, we get it. Your evaluation of competitive talent in NE prep schools is superior to our coaches. In Claw we trust, but maybe not you.
Now that is some shite on your clown shoes.

You clearly don’t understand and that’s ok. I’ve consistently and regularly expressed my support and trust in the staff. If they wanted the player, I’m glad they got him.

You clearly don’t understand and that’s ok. I’ve consistently and regularly expressed my support and trust in the staff. If they wanted the player, I’m glad they got him.

Just put the dolt on ignore. He is by far the worst poster these boards have ever seen and I’m even talking about the latter RJ years.

One of the interesting things about Egbe from his highlight film is the number of plays that began with him lining up in the backfield and then catching a short pass. That hasn't been in Wake's offensive repertoire very much.

I feel like it really should be. It seems that Clemson showed other teams what to do…bum rush the mesh point and everything else slowly starts to fall apart. The underneath passes are there for the taking.

What was your intent then in doubting this kid’s level of competition?

I feel like it really should be. It seems that Clemson showed other teams what to do…bum rush the mesh point and everything else slowly starts to fall apart. The underneath passes are there for the taking.

I totally agree, although I'm a huge fan of passes to running backs under most circumstances. I was yelling for it all game against NC State and they finally threw one to Ellison for a touchdown. I think the reason we don't see more of it is how much we rely on the backs to pass block.

I totally agree, although I'm a huge fan of passes to running backs under most circumstances. I was yelling for it all game against NC State and they finally threw one to Ellison for a touchdown. I think the reason we don't see more of it is how much we rely on the backs to pass block.

That and the fact that Sam has a tendency to toss short passes with less accuracy and touch as well as getting the ball knocked down at the LOS.

I think our OL is going to be really good and was last year as well, but if we can add in a wrinkle where we essentially run block for Sam to then hit a quick slant pass or roll the RB out into the flat...I think it would make our O very difficult to prepare for. Right now, the solution to blowing up our O is too obvious to opposing defenses that can get some push up front and have their LBs not get baited into coming further up into the box. I'd also rather toss it up to Donovan or AT than have Sam wait for the play to develop when it's clear that the defense is sending the house. At least that may keep them honest.

Yeah we have a pretty nasty OL returning, especially with Nash coming back. Maginn is one of the best interior linemen in the conference, and we actually have good depth.

Yeah we have a pretty nasty OL returning, especially with Nash coming back. Maginn is one of the best interior linemen in the conference, and we actually have good depth.

Jurgens is no slouch in the middle, with his Rimington award nomination and pre-season all ACC selection.

However, collectively, Wake's guys are not able to reliably and repeatedly block the 330 lb Dline guys from Clemson, B1G teams, and the better SEC teams. So their back 7 wait and play pass from the RPO while the D-line crushes Wake's O-line and destroys the RPO while the mesh is occurring.

Interesting comment from Coach Clawson about recruiting: Wake does recruit 4 and 5 star guys. The recruiting services have misevaluated them.

Interesting comment from Coach Clawson about recruiting: Wake does recruit 4 and 5 star guys. The recruiting services have misevaluated them.

Makes you wonder why we don't have multiple NFL first round draft picks every year. Does that mean we're wasting 5-star talent ?

200w.gif

Makes you wonder why we don't have multiple NFL first round draft picks every year. Does that mean we're wasting 5-star talent ?

200w.gif
Could be you ask the talent at Georgia that rides the bench and ain't gonna sniff the NFL.

Maybe he has an argument on KWIII, but that didn't end well, at least not for Wake.

Back