• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I chuckled at one of the tweet replies about "starting from.day 1." I will be shocked if year one he is starting anywhere except classroom, weight room and study room.

Egbe was offered by six of eight Ivy league universities. It seems incredible he chose Wake Forest. He must love playing football.

Egbe was offered by six of eight Ivy league universities. It seems incredible he chose Wake Forest. He must love playing football.

Get a scholarship to play highest level football and get a near Ivy level education. Win. Win.

Egbe seems like a great kid, but I image that the level of competition he faced while at The Loomis Chaffee School was quite low.

For one thing, he strikes me as having a fantastic work ethic. You don't get offers like that sitting around just being brilliant.

Particularly, you don't get traction with service academies. As a student athlete there, you really do have to put the student part first. They have a mission to produce military officers. Athletics are secondary.

Egbe seems like a great kid, but I image that the level of competition he faced while at The Loomis Chaffee School was quite low.

Would agree but Loomis does have a lot of kids going P5 on that team. OL going to Bama, TE to Miami, QB to SCar in 2024, set of highly ranked twins for 2024

Would agree but Loomis does have a lot of kids going P5 on that team. OL going to Bama, TE to Miami, QB to SCar in 2024, set of highly ranked twins for 2024

There is a group of private schools in New England that seem to play a high level of football. The rest, not so much.

There is a group of private schools in New England that seem to play a high level of football. The rest, not so much.

More private schools in New England are focusing on bringing in players as Juniors/Seniors/PGs to help get them more exposure. So guys who are doing well in public schools will sometimes transfer in. The quality has really increased. If he can not only start but also excel at a school like Loomis, he is probably a legit prospect. I don't remember people saying AJ Dillon wouldn't develop into much because of where he played high school football. Pat Freirmuth, Hunter Long, Matt Peart, are other guys who played New England prep football and got drafted in the last couple years.

Massachusetts has more 5 star players this year than Georgia according to 247.

Ok clown shoes, do you realize that players on his team are not the competition?

I searched 247 for the teams on their 22-23 schedule. For the 2022 class, there are a total of three 3-star players. One from each of Avon Old Farms, Deerfield Academy, and Choate Rosemary Hall, ranked 767, 950, and 1688 in the country, respectively. But that's not really the point.

I'm sure the very best players in that conference who were recruited, possibly reclassified to get another year of college prep, etc. are good. But they make up a small percentage of the rosters, with the rest filled with the type of kid who makes up the majority of the student body at The Loomis Chaffee School. I'm quite confident that an average team from the Cap 6 or Northern Athletic conferences (made up of Raleigh teams) would beat the living shit out of any of the schools on this schedule.

Ok clown shoes, do you realize that players on his team are not the competition?

I searched 247 for the teams on their 22-23 schedule. For the 2022 class, there are a total of three 3-star players. One from each of Avon Old Farms, Deerfield Academy, and Choate Rosemary Hall, ranked 767, 950, and 1688 in the country, respectively. But that's not really the point.

I'm sure the very best players in that conference who were recruited, possibly reclassified to get another year of college prep, etc. are good. But they make up a small percentage of the rosters, with the rest filled with the type of kid who makes up the majority of the student body at The Loomis Chaffee School. I'm quite confident that an average team from the Cap 6 or Northern Athletic conferences (made up of Raleigh teams) would beat the living shit out of any of the schools on this schedule.

Trinity Pawling for sure. Phillips, Deerfield, Avon maybe not. I am not trying to get into an apples to apples comparison, but these New England prep schools are much smaller for one thing, so more of the players are multi sport guys. If you have the inclination go through the top hockey and lacrosse prospect list and see how many of those guys are on the football rosters for those schools as well. It is only recently that the schools are emphasizing football recruiting. Private school recruiting allows them to gather players from many different places while the schools you are talking about are limited to the players in their town. Loomis' coach just left to go on the Umass staff, that doesn't happen to high school coaches all that often.

I know I will get alot of flack for this thought, but I imagined Texas High School would be worlds ahead of what I was use to seeing, but when I watched Soutlake vs Highland Park it really was alot the same thing, a couple really big fast guys and the rest are normal high school kids who will never sniff a college offer.

Clawson has pulled at least 1 New England prep guy in most of his recruiting classes from different schools, so there must be something he likes about the quality up there.

Couple of other tidbits on Loomis: AD is Sue Cabot. There are Cabots in Harry Lodge's family tree.
Their new football coach spent four years coaching at Georgetown U and 10 at Amherst College. So Loomis is looking to continue as a football prep school.

Florida just said you can be a teacher with a high school diploma and observe a teacher for 12 hours. Anybody with money is going to a private school. And this been going on for years. 247 is in cave man days.

And if you from Texas or Florida you are born with one star. It's ridiculous.

Florida just said you can be a teacher with a high school diploma and observe a teacher for 12 hours. Anybody with money is going to a private school. And this been going on for years. 247 is in cave man days.

And we wonder why education is in such decline. Back in the early 1900's my grandparents had to complete Normal School (two year post high school teacher training, equivalent to junior college.) How much have we forgotten to no longer understand that arts of teaching are learned skills.

Many Normal Schools evolved into 4 year Teacher's colleges and some into 4 year universities. Others were absorbed into larger multi disciplinary universities as departments or schools of education.

That's not quite accurate. Florida has lowered the standards but not that low.

Back