• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Clawson said Dennis will be replacing Sciba. And during warmups prior to the Louisville game last year he looked better than Sciba. I made the mistake of saying that pre game and Sciba missed a fg and I heard it lol

Clawson made the point in his press conference that Wake has been scoring so much that they’ve worn out the kicker’s leg.

“Last year over the course of the game our kickoffs got shorter and shorter.”

How times have changed. We used to wear out the punter.

8-10 kickoffs over the course of 3+ hours should absolutely not be wearing out a kickers leg especially considering the kickoff guy and place kicker were not the same person.

Clawson made the point in his press conference that Wake has been scoring so much that they’ve worn out the kicker’s leg.

“Last year over the course of the game our kickoffs got shorter and shorter.”

How times have changed. We used to wear out the punter.

I much prefer the situation where the punters value is in giving the punt return team good reps during practice and holding for the place kicker.

8-10 kickoffs over the course of 3+ hours should absolutely not be wearing out a kickers leg especially considering the kickoff guy and place kicker were not the same person.

Clawson’s quote in the article was " As the year goes on, kickoffs become noticeably shorter, and we’ve had to defend more kickoffs late in the year than early.” Just to clear up it was the length of the season, not necessarily an individual game as referenced in the previous post.

Clawson’s quote in the article was " As the year goes on, kickoffs become noticeably shorter, and we’ve had to defend more kickoffs late in the year than early.” Just to clear up it was the length of the season, not necessarily an individual game as referenced in the previous post.

I would assume he has actual data on it so I won't doubt the accuracy of his statement, but I wonder how much of that is actually due to change in temperature(cold air is denser than hot air) and humidity(less humid air is also more dense) rather than legs wearing out. If it actually is legs wearing out and he's not just being cheeky then perhaps practice reps need to be looked at. Kicks in a game likely account for less than 5% of total kicks in a season.

LOL State

State would surely have a stronger brand in a survey of coaches in the south but have a weaker brand than Wake in a national survey. That’s hilarious.

TIERS!

Wake having a higher profile among high school football recruits than NC State, Virginia Tech, and Louisville is kind of surprising but very hilarious.

Only five private schools on the list. We’re right there with Stanford and Baylor after only our second 10+ win season as a program 15 years apart. Both had 6 over the last 11 seasons.

Nice to be grouped with Stanford and Baylor rather than Northwestern and Duke.

Oh yes I'm sure it's the weight of water vapor molecules and not like repetitions or something

If it's repetitions that are to blame then an extra 3-5 kickoffs per game due to having a great offense are not to blame compared to the thousands they kick in practice over the course of a season.

Sure. Seems like something Clawson may want to address. I assume there are some kicking machines out there that would allow special teams to practice without wearing out kickers and punters.

Sure. Seems like something Clawson may want to address. I assume there are some kicking machines out there that would allow special teams to practice without wearing out kickers and punters.

Standard jugs machine can handle that. My guess is he was really just being cheeky/bragging while firing a warning shot at the kickers.

Back