• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I keep seeing new posts here and eagerly click the thread to learn the latest recruiting news. Silly me.
It’s a dead period after signing day. Won’t be much news other than maybe some transfer stuff in the coming weeks.

It’s a dead period after signing day. Won’t be much news other than maybe some transfer stuff in the coming weeks.
Indeed. Thirty seconds of your life you'll never get back. Shame
Sorry, I should’ve elaborated. Not complaining about time I’m wasting, but rather that I keep seeing updates here, get excited that there’s news, only to open the thread and see some ongoing argument about religion.

I keep seeing new posts here and eagerly click the thread to learn the latest recruiting news. Silly me.
Nope, just a bunch of people talking about how "some" Christians say mean things, and hurt their feelings, all the while non-Christians espousing the details of a religion and a bible they claim not to agree with, but are simultaneously experts on . . . lol

I look forward to more recruiting news too, but it will have to wait.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all

Not really much point in engaging, but it seemed pretty obvious that change made by Hearn was about fundraising by removing the handicap of only having NC Baptists as Trustees. If prosperity gospel is to be believed, God was pretty thrilled with the decision.

Emperor Constantine moved it to overshadow the holiday of the birth of the god Mithra.
I wouldn’t say “to overshadow.” Mithra, the god of the unconquerable sun, was likely Constantine’s personal favorite god. It is why Sunday is the first day of the week.

I wouldn’t say “to overshadow.” Mithra, the god of the unconquerable sun, was likely Constantine’s personal favorite god. It is why Sunday is the first day of the week.
Sunday yes. But Constantine was also the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity. Not trying to argue, I’m no expert by any means. Just passing along something I learned recently in a study of early Christian church history.

Sunday yes. But Constantine was also the first Roman emperor to convert to Christianity. Not trying to argue, I’m no expert by any means. Just passing along something I learned recently in a study of early Christian church history.
There is a big debate over whether he converted or just allowed Christianity to practice freely because his mother was a devout Christian!

A crossover college football recruiting and Ancient Roman History thread is the second best present I received today.

Do you guys want to start a Classics thread over in the Pit?

A crossover college football recruiting and Ancient Roman History thread is the second best present I received today.

Do you guys want to start a Classics thread over in the Pit?
My area of research is the Late Bronze and Iron Age Near East but I have to teach enough Roman crap that I could participate. I’d be happy to include earlier stuff though if you just want to do ancient history in general!

Most liberals at a Baptist-affiliated school hate Christians. The criticism of Liberty is not because of it’s genuine pursuit of Christian and educational goals. You are such a pathetic victim.
Christian educational goals of a certain kind. There are many forms of Christianity. I doubt that a "genuine Christian" at Liberty would view someone at, say, Sewanee as a "genuine Christian." To each his or her own. Tolerate others and don't be so dogmatic.

Christian educational goals of a certain kind. There are many forms of Christianity. I doubt that a "genuine Christian" at Liberty would view someone at, say, Sewanee as a "genuine Christian." To each his or her own. Tolerate others and don't be so dogmatic.
Liberty does not tolerate others which is the problem.

Back