• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

I’m sure most have seen rondy bothroyd in the portal, but now also dez Williams WR in there too. He had a great spring game and was set to be in the rotation in 23… that’s disappointing

There is a big debate over whether he converted or just allowed Christianity to practice freely because his mother was a devout Christian!
I thought he converted on a battlefield after seeing a vision of the cross? Or am I misremembering high school history?

I thought he converted on a battlefield after seeing a vision of the cross? Or am I misremembering high school history?
Bishop Eusebius claimed to have baptized him on his deathbed. He said Constantine waited until then because, as emperor, he knew he would have to do sinful things. no witnesses, btw.

I’m sure most have seen rondy bothroyd in the portal, but now also dez Williams WR in there too. He had a great spring game and was set to be in the rotation in 23… that’s disappointing

Dez announced quite a bit ago. Sad to see him leave. But that's old news.

Wake Forest got rid of the Baptists long ago so they could hire an imam with radical jihadist beliefs, just saying
Wake got rid of the Baptists after years of effort on the part of Mr. Wilson. Long before it happened, he had told me that (at that time) the Southern Baptist Convention contributed $400,000+ to an operating budget just in excess of $28 million. For that they got to appoint the trustees. He fielded phone calls constantly from them upset about something they heard was going on here. It needed to stop.

Wake got rid of the Baptists after years of effort on the part of Mr. Wilson. Long before it happened, he had told me that (at that time) the Southern Baptist Convention contributed $400,000+ to an operating budget just in excess of $28 million. For that they got to appoint the trustees. He fielded phone calls constantly from them upset about something they heard was going on here. It needed to stop.
Yep

Yes it did! And when Hearn got rid of them he brought in about 3 Trustees who each gave a million $$$. Two of which I believe were Calloway of Pepsi & Luter of Smithfield.

The president of the NC Baptist convention got caught paying prostitutes yet for years they prohibited dancing on campus.

Transfer Portal guys can start taking official visits today. Wake needs interior D-line help badly. Just not enough big bodies there now.

Also cornerbacks. With the losses of players there, Wake will need some guys. Playing true freshman is a recipe for giving up lots of pass completions.

ETA: Big South Conference 1st team defense has 3 sophomore DBs. Maybe one would be able to step up in competition level. None appear to be in the portal ....yet.

ETA: Big South Conference 1st team defense has 3 sophomore DBs. Maybe one would be able to step up in competition level. None appear to be in the portal ....yet.

I sure hope we aren’t recruiting any of those players, because that would be wrong

Wake RB Christian Turner just committed to my Hoosiers. Any thoughts on what kind of a player IU is getting?

Wake RB Christian Turner just committed to my Hoosiers. Any thoughts on what kind of a player IU is getting?
High floor low ceiling guy. Isn't going to be a bad running back but probably won't stand out either.

He had a fumbling problem for a while but I think he has mostly cleaned that up.

High floor low ceiling guy. Isn't going to be a bad running back but probably won't stand out either.

He had a fumbling problem for a while but I think he has mostly cleaned that up.
So a solid rotational piece. thanks

Solid back for sure.
There were times where he was really solid - borderline my favorite back of ours. He doesn’t have that shifty swoosh like Ellison when he’s cutting away from defenders, but also feel like he would pound the ball against his man and pick up tough yards (and sometimes those yards were receiving yards). Personally hate to see Turner go. Him and Ellison were a fun duo.

Back