• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Not really a Wake potential. Jaden Rashada, the $13 million NIL man, has been released from his Florida LOI. He is free to go to the highest bidder. Apparently the NIL deals didn't happen. Wonder what happens to his lawsuit?

I suppose he could sue for damages but since he left Florida I assume he has no claim to the $13 mil. Unless the contractual language was stupid and did not require he stay at florida or play or make appearances, etc…

I suppose he could sue for damages but since he left Florida I assume he has no claim to the $13 mil. Unless the contractual language was stupid and did not require he stay at florida or play or make appearances, etc…
I thought these deals were specifically prohibited from being tied to an athlete attending a certain school? So it probably doesn’t say that.

Jaffe is an all around athlete football player. He was starting SS for he team. He also played WR, KR, LS, K (game winning FG) and QB. This is the kind of guy who should be listed as "athlete," not some guy who is a safety/corner or CB/WR.

No rating but plenty of P5 offers. Duke offered early.

Jaffe is an all around athlete football player. He was starting SS for he team. He also played WR, KR, LS, K (game winning FG) and QB. This is the kind of guy who should be listed as "athlete," not some guy who is a safety/corner or CB/WR.
With Spencer and Adams involved in his recruitment, seems like he might be expected to bulk up a bit and play a rover type position?

With Spencer and Adams involved in his recruitment, seems like he might be expected to bulk up a bit and play a rover type position?
He's in the middle of his HS junior year. How much will he grow in 18 months?
One thing I noted in his highlights is that he understands that tackling involves wrapping your arms around the ball carrier and holding on until he falls down. Not all DB types are willing to do this.

Pitt, MD, Duke, Iowa State, BC offers at this early stage means more P5 are/were coming.

Pitt, MD, Duke, Iowa State, BC offers at this early stage means more P5 are/were coming.
FSU was interested. He visited there for Junior Day, but was not offered then. He showed some tenacity in one highlight where he came all the way across the field to stop a near certain touchdown. I like that in DB's. If the opponent hasn't scored, you never know what might happen next play. Just ask Jessie and the Bengals about doing that.

Bummer about Higgins. Could work out well depending on who our next WR coach is. My understanding is that Kevin is a great recruiter, so if he is paired with a good position coach, WF should still continue to be WRU.

Bummer about Higgins. Could work out well depending on who our next WR coach is. My understanding is that Kevin is a great recruiter, so if he is paired with a good position coach, WF should still continue to be WRU.
he’s just an all around great person. Which tends to lend itself to success in personable/relationship work.

Back