• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Landen Baker? Tight end from Southern Nash (Cooley's high school). Can't believe it's on Facebook but not here. Also 3A baseball player of the year.

Landen Baker? Tight end from Southern Nash (Cooley's high school). Can't believe it's on Facebook but not here. Also 3A baseball player of the year.
PWO. 13 catches 9 touchdowns. Over 350 yards.

1.54 ERA. 99 strikeouts, 17 Walks. 8-2 record.

Last edited:
Because I’m 99% sure it’s a preferred walk-on spot. According to 247 he has 0 stars and 0 offers.
You're correct. He skipped football his junior year to concentrate on baseball and signed with Middle Tennessee, but missed football and had a really good senior year.

Will he play both sports?
Not sure how he would approach it with a PWO, but my feeling is that Clawson isn't really interested in sharing. He's pretty consistent that he wants his players to care about football and be committed to football.

Not sure how he would approach it with a PWO, but my feeling is that Clawson isn't really interested in sharing. He's pretty consistent that he wants his players to care about football and be committed to football.
I figured as much for players on scholarship , but since he isn’t, I didn’t know if Clawson would be more lenient.

Not disagreeing, but I've never heard that. Have heard Clawson say that he loves recruiting multi-sport athletes. He mentioned that specifically with the recruitment of Jesse Bates, who was a high level baseball player, and Clawson explained that Bates spent his Springs playing baseball rather than going to football camps, explaining Bates' lowish football recruiting ranking.

Realize it was at a different level, but pretty sure that Clawson himself was a multi-sport athlete in college.

He likes to recruit multi-sport athletes to play football. It may be different with a PWO since they're not on a football scholarship. But I've heard him say he doesn't allow players to play multiple sports in college.

Baker said he realized he loved football after taking his junior season off. Apparently Wake found some sort of financial aid package for him.

Not disagreeing, but I've never heard that. Have heard Clawson say that he loves recruiting multi-sport athletes. He mentioned that specifically with the recruitment of Jesse Bates, who was a high level baseball player, and Clawson explained that Bates spent his Springs playing baseball rather than going to football camps, explaining Bates' lowish football recruiting ranking.

Realize it was at a different level, but pretty sure that Clawson himself was a multi-sport athlete in college.
That fact that Bates didn't play baseball at Wake seems consistent with Clawsin's players not playing other sports at Wake.

Is that number of catches correct? If so, 27 yds per reception and 70% of his catches went for touchdowns.
It would appear so. Almost 30 yards per catch.

OMG, this guy's going to score a 30-yard TD every 3.5 times out of 5 he catches the ball and he went to Julius Peppers' high school.

Makes you wonder why they didn't make the 30 playoffs. Bad coaching obviously.

OMG, this guy's going to score a 30-yard TD every 3.5 times out of 5 he catches the ball and he went to Julius Peppers' high school.

Makes you wonder why they didn't make the 30 playoffs. Bad coaching obviously.
If you had actually read the linked article, his football team reached round 2 of playoffs in 2022.

Back