• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Wake Forest Football Recruiting

Losing to y'all probably directly contributed to the firing of Barfield and hiring of Pat Dye so I guess if you connected enough dots it could be said that Wake Forest is a primary reason Bo Jackson ended up at Auburn.

Well dang.

Not sure if this has been posted but I thought it was awesome.

They installed a barbershop - nice.

I'd like a few of those showers, especially 1 outdoor, at my home.

Nap room is very cool, it's right behind a giant TV, so I'd probably not fall asleep there - but very cool design.

Oh cool, glad we got this, because while I was excited to see how happy the kids were in the reveal video, it didn't really show too much of the actual complex. Looks pretty sweet.

Oh cool, glad we got this, because while I was excited to see how happy the kids were in the reveal video, it didn't really show too much of the actual complex. Looks pretty sweet.
Wake's new complex is much nicer than the new Manning Center that ole piss just opened, at least going off of the videos and pictures of each that are available online. Wake's new facility is first class.

Not sure if this has been posted but I thought it was awesome.

I have to laugh, though. I am remembering the “athletic dining” room Wake had for athletes literally next door to the Pit, that meant in the summer of 1976 the football team dining area, that the cross country team was supposed to be entitled to use. Most runners passed, as I recall, but I could be mistaken. I haven’t thought of that in 40 years.

So Jacques Keyes enrolled for like a week of practice, convinced Clawson that he didn’t even want to play football anymore, and then enrolled at Kentucky a week later? I’m trying to imagine that Keyes was just so scared of hurting Clawsons feelings that he had to lie to him and say he was retiring from football.

So Jacques Keyes enrolled for like a week of practice, convinced Clawson that he didn’t even want to play football anymore, and then enrolled at Kentucky a week later? I’m trying to imagine that Keyes was just so scared of hurting Clawsons feelings that he had to lie to him and say he was retiring from football.
A great recruiter is just a very handsomely compensated salesman at their core. Great salesmen can pitch a product or opportunity in a way that it incurs an emotional burden on an individual to walk away from the opportunity they're being pitched. Clawson is a great recruiter. I know he genuinely cares about his players as well but I'd imagine with NIL coaches have to wear the salesman hat far more often than they used to.

Brad White probably just cost himself the Wake job in 2030. We don’t approve of such shenanigans in Winston-Salem.

The dude had a scholarship at Wake, enrolled, and then left so he could walk on at UK? Does it sound like he's been promised a scholarship for future years? And he's switching from LB to RB?

That's a really weird situation.

The dude had a scholarship at Wake, enrolled, and then left so he could walk on at UK? Does it sound like he's been promised a scholarship for future years? And he's switching from LB to RB?

Could be that he wanted to play RB full
time instead of LB and didn’t think he would get that opportunity at Wake?

Sure, but unless he’s going to get RB playing time this year at UK (doubtful), it would have saved a lot of money to just enter the transfer portal as an RB in December

Sure, but unless he’s going to get RB playing time this year at UK (doubtful), it would have saved a lot of money to just enter the transfer portal as an RB in December
May have been the combo of Wake academics and wanting an opportunity to play RB that drove him from Wake to KY.

Back